cyclonejohn

Thursday, August 10, 2006

College Week: part 1

In the next three weeks, I will be seeing a lot of colleges. The past two days I have spent in three different colleges: Winona State, St. Mary's (a little Catholic school also in Winona, MN) and University of Wisconsin - La Crosse. I was absolutely blown away by how pretty southeastern Minnesota/Western Wisconsin are. Bordering the Mississippi River, there are giant hill/mountains and beautiful bluffs. It is a gorgeous area of the country I never had the privelege of ever seeing before. I spent all day today in La Crosse with university people and La Crosse Tribune people. The city of La Crosse reminded me a lot of Lincoln, Nebraska. As a college town, I bet it is awesome. There was plenty of fun stuff to do. Ames could learn a thing or two. The campus of UWL was pretty boring but the town and the view of the bluffs made up for it. It was a great trip.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home