cyclonejohn

Monday, August 14, 2006

Johnatopia

After reading Nimitopia's recent blog entry, I was reminded once again of what a beautiful innocent world we live in. I was reminded that we are not just Minnesotans, or Americans, but we are citizens of this world. How often I am guilty of thinking of ways that I can invest better in stocks and not how I can invest better in being a better brother, boyfriend, son, and friend. I think it takes being completely out of your element to really examine it. A trip to Africa, Cuba, or even camping a few hours away I think would do the trick. After all, I can't tell you who discovered water, but it sure as hell wasn't a fish. I think soon, I need to go on a short vacation to examine my priorities. A spiritual retreat where I can unselfishly focus on my needs.

1 Comments:

At 4:52 AM, Blogger Sarah! said...

Well said, sir.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home