cyclonejohn

Friday, July 25, 2008

Once you go Barack, you never go back.

I almost fell out of my car laughing today. I was flipping channels when I stumbled across Rush Limbaugh’s program. Today, he was comparing America, and more specifically George W. Bush to Batman. The basic premise of his argument is that both Bush and Batman defeat evil-doers despite most people around them hating their guts. They know the difference between right and wrong, good and evil, moral and immoral, and they are not afraid to sometimes break the rules in the name of protecting liberty and all that is right with the world. There is collateral damage when Batman fights the Joker’s henchmen and sometimes innocent bystanders get hurt. Sometimes when Bush bombs Iraq and Afghanistan, innocent people are hurt. It sucks but oh well. The press and ordinary citizens don’t like Batman. They fear him. They mock him but when they are in trouble, they know they can count on him. Rush went on to explain that although most countries mock and ridicule America, they also know they can count on the U.S. when they are in trouble. Obviously Rush is an idiot and there are many many holes in his argument. I just thought you might like to know.

1. I saw the movie Semi-Pro yesterday. Most times, even if a movie is not good, I will stick it out to the end and hope it turns around. However, after an hour of Semi-Pro, I had had enough and turned off the DVD. I really enjoy Will Ferrell and I know everybody has bad movies but c’mon! This really leaves a bad taste in my mouth and now I’m not sure if I even want to watch Step-Brothers that comes out today. I still think Will Ferrell is hilarious. Did anyone see him on the ESPY’s. His impression of Tiger Woods at the end of the show was one of the funniest things I have ever seen.

2. Speaking of the ESPY’s, I hate to admit it but Justin Timberlake did a phenomenal job hosting. He was funny, but did not hog the spotlight. He was gracious but also commanded the stage. I might find his music to be moderately over-rated but entertaining. I won’t buy his CD but I don’t deny that the man has talent. Here is a guy who is a great dancer, dates beautiful woman, has good vocal abilities, and now he’s funny too? Damnit! Some guys just have it all.

3. Today is a strange day. It is day one of the Minnesota Vikings training camp. Not only does this mean that autumn is right around the corner, but also, this is day one of the historic 2008-2009 Minnesota Vikings Superbowl run. Adrian Peterson, Chester Taylor, Jared Allen, Steve Hutchinson, Bryant McKinnie, Pat Williams, Kevin Williams, Bernard Berrian, Darren Sharper are all pro bowl players. The first and only question is… How will T-Jack do as quarterback? I think just fine. He has the easiest job in football. Hand off to Adrian Peterson and let him do his magic. What are my fearless sports picks for the upcoming NFL season? Dallas Cowboys defeats the Pittsburg Steelers (or maybe the Chargers) to win the Superbowl. Adrian Peterson wins the MVP. Rashard Mendenhall wins rookie of the year. And the Chicago Bears win the Tim Tebow sweepstakes and finish 2-14.

4. I am off to Washington D.C. I’ll write when I get back.

1 Comments:

At 5:10 PM, Blogger The Rhythm of One said...

Apparently Rush has been reading my latest blog posting. ;)

Have fun in DC! Bring me back a Senator!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home