cyclonejohn

Thursday, August 07, 2008

Hello, Goodbuy

It’s been a crazy few days since getting back from D.C. and most recently North Dakota. It is good to be back in the Twin Cities. I won’t actually be at home but rather I will be spending the next two weeks in Crystal, MN baby-sitting the house, and the animals while she is on vacation. As you know, I love dogs so I am greatly looking forward to playing with the Collie. For the first time, I can say I am actually nervous about Barack Obama winning the election in November. McCain has been doing really well in the past month and every day he has been gaining. This election will be extremely close and right now, Obama would still most likely win. However, here are the states that are within a +/- of four percentage points (or basically in a statistical tie) according to polling data that I have been tracking daily using a variety of different polls (Quinnipiac, Rasmussen, Gallup). Okay, I am a bit obsessed at this point. : )

-Oregon
-Nevada
-Colorado
-Montana
-North Dakota
-South Dakota
-Michigan
-Indiana
-New Hampshire
-Virginia
-North Carolina
-Ohio

Here is the good news. Of those twelve states that are tied right now, Democrats only won two of them in 2004 (Oregon and Michigan). If Obama could pull a surprise or two and win in Virginia, Indiana, or Ohio, plus carry Oregon and Michigan. He will win. In addition, two states that Bush won in 04, Iowa and New Mexico, Obama has nice leads in. Again, I still feel if the election were today, Obama would win, but what worries me is that all of the momentum is in McCain’s favor.

1. Imagine my surprise as I was unloading my suitcase last night when I saw that Brett Favre was traded to the Jets last night. We all knew he was going to be traded but I never thought I would see country Favre in the biggest American city on a terrible team (they only had four wins last year) and no good wide receivers. Oh well. My favorite part of the trade was the poison pill they put in that said the Jets would have to give up their next three first round draft picks if he ends up with the Vikings.

2. I have that stupid freecreditreport.com song in my head all day.

3. Speaking of commercials. I have a tragic announcement. Yesterday while watching TV with my sister, I saw a Target commercial with a cover of the Beatles song, Hello Goodbye. Normally, I bemoan any criticize any attempt to cover a Beatles classic but this one I really enjoyed. And then my sister said, “You know that that is The Jonas Brothers right.” I then looked it up, was proved wrong, and managed to vomit a bit in my mouth. I had previously prided myself in not knowing one Jonas Brothers song and never watching any of their show. Damnit catchy pop music!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home