cyclonejohn

Wednesday, August 23, 2006

3:16

I have decided that I need to start a new political party. The democrats and republicans have it all wrong and libertarians, although a cute idea, are unrealistic. I will call my new party 3:16. Yes, it will be a party based on Christian theology but unlike modern day republicanism, will actually preach what Jesus wrote about. 3:16 will be neither liberal or conservative. I don't remember ever reading in the bible that the only things that Jesus cared about was abortion, gay marriage, evolution, and ten commandments in the court room. In fact, I thought Jesus actually cared for our poor, our sick, and the neediest. But contrary to what liberals think, 3:16 does not believe we should just give all of our money. There must be some social responsibility. Although Jesus helped the poor, I don't ever remember Jesus giving them any money so they didn't have to work. However, I truly believe that Jesus would want affordable health care, education, and strong social programs designed to help lift our neediest out of poverty. 3:16 will also care about issues that republicans care about too. Our morals have disintegrated to disgusting levels. The amount of sex, profanity, and misogny is disgusting. The real threat to marriage is not homosexuals, it's divorce! 3:16 really feels that the destruction of the family unit has led to almost all of America's problems. There are about a million issues, but alas, Johnny's hungry.

1 Comments:

At 10:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the idea. The world really doesn't need yet another political party, but it also really needs to stop looking at thinks as black and white (or Dem or Rep). Maybe we (as in our friends) are just another wave of political party revolution and everyone will have to adapt when our generation gets to the house/senate etc. I also love how you completely stop expanding on the idea of the party simply because you are hungry. That's the John I know!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home