cyclonejohn

Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Bachman Turner Overdrive

When I was a freshman, I devoted one section of my wall to what was referred to as “The Wall of Shame” or “The List”. This list had several people that I absolutely cannot stand including Karl Rove, Dick Cheney, the now deceased Jerry Fallwell, among others. On the opposite side of the wall were pictures of all that were good in the world – like the good reverend Al Sharpton and a cut-out of Ms. Butterworth’s Maple Syrup. I love maple syrup. Anyway, if I still had my wall of shame, there would be a new picture added. That would be Minnesota congresswoman, Michelle Bachman (R) – who represents central Minnesota, primarily the St. Cloud area. Ms. Bachman was elected two years ago and she has continuously embarrassed the state in myriad ways. Let’s not forget her infamous smooch to George W. Bush about 18 months ago. I think what bothers me the most is what an attention whore she is. I don’t know if it is because she is a Republican woman, or if it is because she is attractive, or if it is because she is a fireball, but she is on TV all the time. In fact, she has been interviewed on National Cable TV programs 23 times in 2008 alone. In the past week, she has been on Bill O’Reilly, Hardball with Chris Matthew, and Larry King. That is unheard of for a freshman congresswoman. She is also one of the most conservative members of the house. She has won elections by staging “Bring Ten Commandments back to school” rallies at the state capitol. She opposes any more funding for education. She has demanded that creationism be taught as a scientific theory in the classroom. How could I forget her saying that homosexuals suffer from a “sexual disorder” and her famous quote “Gays our specifically targeting our children. Our children are the prize for this community.” I mean c’mon. Are you kidding me? What is wrong with the people in the Sixth district of Minnesota that they would elect this crackpot?! She made national headlines this past weekend when she said Barack Obama was un-patriotic and had Anti-American views. She concluded by saying that the national media should investigate liberals in congress for Anti-American activities. I am praying to the Good Lord that she is defeated in two weeks.

1. I have said this before. It is not easy being a Minnesota sports fans. In the past four years, look at this list of future Hall of Fame Players that have been traded – Johan Santana, Randy Moss, Kevin Garnett, and there are more. Today, star of the Minnesota Wild, Marian Gaborik, has requested a trade. He is a top-five NHL player and I will be sad to see him go. Minnesota has tried all off season to resign him including offering him a 10 year, 90 million dollar contract that would have made him the third highest paid player in the NHL.

2. Currently listening to “Bruises” by Chairlift: Album – Does You Inspire You

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home