cyclonejohn

Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Getting the ladies in Spades

Pardon me while I have no sympathy for Notre Dame football. The most famous football team in the world is at probably its lowest point in its history and you will get no tears shed from me. The ghosts of Knute Rockne, and other Golden Domer legends may be crying, but not me. How can you forget Notre Dame throwing the other colleges under the bus by signing their own television contract with NBC? How can you forget the unfair firing of Ty Willingham for going 9 – 3 while winning (and losing) with complete class? How can you forget Notre Dame awarding Charlie Weis the richest contract in the history of coaching to a first year head coach who was winning with another coach’s players? All of you Irish fans who are begging for Weis to get fired, it is time to get real? His buyout is reportedly $20,000,000. Don’t blame Weis for this. Anyone of would sign this dream contract. I blame the Irish administration. Despite all of this, 5 star recruits beg the South Bend football gods to let them play. Last year, despite only having three victories, the Irish finished with the #2 ranked recruiting class in the country. Last Saturday, the Irish lost at home to maybe the worst Division I team in America, the Syracuse Orange. Next week they go to USC where they should be prepared to lose by forty points. But that’s not why this is the lowest moment in their history. Last week, the student section for nearly the whole 4th quarter, instead of watching the game, continuously pelted the players and coaching staff with ice/snow balls. There are stories of some players protecting the injured players and other players challenging various students to come down and fight. Tough break Irish but you will get no sympathy from me.

1. This story made me laugh. I was driving into work today and I was listening to 830 am WCCO (the news station) and the reporter and commentator were laughing at two University of Iowa fans who were in town for the game and they were arrested for “making love” in a men’s metrodome stall while apparently two dozen fans cheered them on. As the police came in, instead of sending them to prison, they were instead turned over to their respective husband and girlfriend who, get this, were at the game!! You can just file this story under the you can’t make it up section.

2. Is David Spade the most attractive unattractive man in history? While flipping channels last night, I came across the show TMZ. Before the hate comments, I really cannot stand the gossip show TMZ and I really was just flipping channels. However, I stopped when I saw that they had multiple sources confirming that David Spade and former model and now Desperate Housewives star, Nicolette Sheridan are now dating. What is it with him that women go crazy after? I did a little bit of Wikipedia research and I found out that in the past he has dated, Heather Locklear, Lara Flynn Boyle, Julie Bowen, Krista Allen, and let’s not forget he has a child with former Playboy playmate of the year, Jillian Grace. Don’t get me wrong. I’m not angry or anything. He seems like a nice enough guy who has never been arrested for doing cocaine or urinating on a cop’s car. I just find it interesting.

3. I saw the movie Kung Fu Panda yesterday but I fell asleep after about an hour. It’s not that the movie is boring, it’s just that it is definitely a kids movie. I thought this Pixar movie would be more Toy Story, Ice Age, and Shrek like, but this is definitely a for kids only movie.

4. A friend of mine said that the indie film Slumdog Millionaire is the best indie film he has ever seen. I am excited to see it.

5. Another story in the you can’t make it up category is President Busy commuting (reducing) the sentence on former Fugees rapper, John Forte. Forte was arrested for having 31 pounds of Cocaine with the intent to distribute. He was sentenced to 14 years in prison but after Bush commuted him, he only will have served seven. I can’t say I know a lot about this story but who knows? Maybe W is a huge Lauryn Hill fan and feels she hasn’t been the same since leaving the Fugees.

1 Comments:

At 8:19 AM, Blogger Koo4You said...

Notre Dame will get blasted this weekend and still go to a bowl they don't deserve (Gator? NBC?), And of course like all the recent bowls they've been to, they will be outmatched and as a result be blown out.

You think if ISU and Syracuse played on a neutral field ISU would win....?

hmm...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home