cyclonejohn

Thursday, August 31, 2006

Twas the night before kick-off

‘Twas the night before Kickoff, when all through Jack Trice,
Not a creature was stirring, not even Todd Blythe.
The grass freshly trimmed and painted with care,
The grounds crew knowing Hicks would soon be there.

The children were nestled all snug in their beds,
While visions of a “sprinting” Curvey danced in their heads.
And mamma in her CF thong, and I in my ISU cap,
Had just messed up the sheets and laid for our long evening nap.

When from the living room there arose such a clatter,
I sprang from the bed to see what was the matter.
Down the stairs I flew like a flash,
I fell over the tailgating box and gave myself a carpet rash.

There was my son, decked out in his ISU gear,
“Daddy, is it time for the Cyclones to start the new year”.
I smiled, “Not yet, my enthusiastic child,
We’ve got to wait until tomorrow until we go wild”.

“Now Meyer! Now McKinzie! Now Brant and Culbertson!
On Jackson, on Flynn, on Carper and Stephenson!
Quick Stevie, follow your line and get six!
That my son, is how the Cyclones will start kickoff two-thousand and six!"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home