cyclonejohn

Tuesday, May 01, 2007

The council of Sheldon Avenue...

I'm going to be honest here. I'm pretty f'ing geeked out about the happenings on Apartment #1 on Sheldon Avenue in Ames, IA. After some blog entries by Rhythem of One and phone conversations with Nimit Pathak I have learned about Singida Records. Singida is an impoverished city in Tanzania. I would assume Singida Records' creators were inspired by the hope, determiniation, and fortitude of the people of this Tanzanian community. Fuck corporate America! Make music, start a label, and enjoy your life. I am officially Singida's number one fan and support all of its endeavors. Whatever I can do to help let me know; I'm in. I can't wait to hear some of the music. Good luck!

3 Comments:

At 12:17 PM, Blogger The Rhythm of One said...

All comments, suggestions, glorifications, musings and, of course, demo tapes can be directed towards our helpful HR department at SingidaRecords@Gmail.com

Thanks for the plug John. We'll keep you up to date! :)

 
At 5:40 PM, Blogger Koo4You said...

the music in itself has yet to be created, but we are well on our way making promo banners, videos, websites and "signing artists". Unconventional to say the least...

 
At 1:04 PM, Blogger cyclonejohn said...

But you have a kick ass website.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home