cyclonejohn

Monday, July 09, 2007

Sing it Frankie!

I think Frank Sinatra was right on when he sang:

Chicago, Chicago that toddling townChicago, Chicago I will show you around - I love it. Bet your bottom dollar you lose the blues in Chicago, Chicago. The town that Billy Sunday couldn't shut down. On State Street, that great street, I just want to say. They do things they don't do on Broadway. They have the time, the time of their lifeI saw a man, he danced with his wife. In Chicago, Chicago my home town.

I left Thursday night, via Ames, to one of my favorite places to visit, Chicago, Illinois. Along the way I met some new people, had some great converations, learned a lot, enjoyed the beautiful weather, and had a lot of fun. The excursion began with 18 holes at a Barrington Country Club. To say I played terrible wouldn't be fair to the word terrible. I completely sucked it up. Next, I learned that some teams play baseball outdoors. This bizarre concept grew on me as I watched the Twins win 12-0 all while enjoying low seventies weather. I thought U.S. Cellular Field was awesome and I hope Twins representatives are taking notes for their new ball park. The trains were dirty and loud but I still loved them. It's called public transportation Minneapolis!! Get with the program. I also wanted to give a shout-out to St. Nick's. We ate there several times. It is a place where you can get a giant piece of pizza and a soft drink for three bucks. That's awesome!! And the pizza was good. I couldn't go to Chicago without enjoying the nightlife so the boys took me to an area of Chicago called The Goldcoast. It was a trendy, yuppie, fun area where we went to a bar called McFadden's. We caroused, we laughed, I poured two cups of beer on Nimit's crotch, and all in all, it was a wonderful evening. My love affair for Indian cuisine was enhanced to new levels. Anay's family showered me with wonderful food and I really appreciated. I would not be surprised if I went up eight pant sizes on this trip. It was a great trip and I can't wait to head back to Illinois this August.

3 Comments:

At 8:32 PM, Blogger Mike said...

I love Chicago too! I agree with your opinions about US Cellular Field, and public transportation. Rus was thinking about me and you doing a road trip down to see him this fall. If it happens, we'll definitely have to stop in Chi-town and carouse.

 
At 8:16 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Barrington Country Club?...hahah..yea right

 
At 10:17 AM, Blogger cyclonejohn said...

How convenient for Rus that he wants the two of us to drive our asses over to Indiana while he sits. He should come home more often.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home