cyclonejohn

Sunday, December 07, 2008

I'm just trying to live up to my Mom's hype

It is nice to be back in Minnesota but I already miss Chicago. After a long day at the office, Mike, Andrew, and I hit the road at about 6:00. I had the hopes that we would make it to Chicago by a little after midnight but Mother Nature had other plans in store for us. The driving conditions were horrendous and we ended up arriving a little after 1:00 am in Madison, Wisconsin and spent the night at a hotel. Saturday morning, we all awoke after a terrible night's rest and hit the road again. A couple hours later we arrived in downtown to Nimit's apartment. We chatted for a while, went to a sports bar, watched some basketball, while we decided what to do next. We briefly talked about going ice skating until we stepped back outside and we realized how cold it was. It was so cold that people were doing bad things just so they could be sent to hell to warm up. It was so cold that Richard Simmons was wearing pants. It was so cold that the kids at school were using flannel notebooks. Okay, I think you get the point. We just decided to head back to Nimit, Ann, and Lisa's apartment. We hung out for a while, ordered some delicious Lou Malnati's pizza, and relaxed until the party began. For those that don't know, we all went to an Ugly Christmas sweater party. There were so many gems. How can I forget Anay's glorious Christmas tree undershirt/vest combination? Or perhaps Mike's sweater that came fresh with old woman perfume? Too many treasures to count. The party was a huge hit. It was great to catch up with friends that I don't see as often as I should. The party wrapped up about 2:00. I had a lovely sleep on the carpet in which my back was thrilled about this morning. This morning we woke up, grabbed some breakfast, and began the long journey back to Minnesota. All in all, a great trip that was way too short.

1. As I was driving home today, naturally I flipped on the Christmas music station in an attempt to get in the Holiday spirit. Can someone please explain what the phrase, "Season's Greetings" means? It doesn't mean anything.

2. Currently listening to Silversun Pickups "Lazy Eye" from the album: Carnavas

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home