cyclonejohn

Friday, December 05, 2008

Lockdown

I apologize for taking so long to blog. I have spent the past few days in Eau Claire, Wisconsin and Grand Forks, North Dakota working very long days which made it difficult to sit down, collect my thoughts, and write a read-worthy blog post. In addition, it has been a difficult week emotionally for myself as an employee of a company that has just laid off 10% of their workforce. Lay-offs are incredibly difficult and so far I have survived. I will start with this past weekend. Thanksgiving part two has wrapped up and it was successful. I was not feeling very well so it made it a long weekend but I think I am almost back to 100%. I only got a few hours of sleep Thursday night but I somehow survived a full work day, ate a little TGI Friday’s, went home, turned on the Timberwolves game and fell asleep not that far after. Saturday, my immediate kin welcomed my Dad’s side of the family to the house. It went really well. Lots of food, lots of laughs, we played some games, and just had a good time. The lowlight was Saturday night, my cousin Jenny, my sister, and I rented the Vince Vaughn “comedy” Fred Clause. It was dreadful. Sunday was nice. I slept in, watch the Vikings peace by peace dismantle the Chicago Bears, bought my Christmas sweater for next weekend, and relaxed. It was very low key relaxing weekend which I will need.

1. As many of you know, I enjoy the CBS sitcom How I Met Your Mother. One of the stars, Cobie Smulders (aka Robin Schabosky) just came out that she was pregnant. I can’t wait to see how the writer’s attempt to spin this one. Barney?

2. The more I think about it, I don’t blame coaches for wanting to restructure their contracts after every good season. There is absolutely no loyalty in sports. Two years ago in the NBA, Sam Mitchell was the national coach of the year. He took a horrendously bad Toronto Rapters team and led them deep in the NBA playoffs. Yesterday he was fired. At Auburn University, just two years ago, head coach Tommy Tuberville lead his Tigers to 13 – 0. They only didn’t make the national championship game because USC and Texas also went undefeated. In addition, Tuberville has won over forty games in the four years. He was fired yesterday. You might say, well even though he has a good record, if he couldn’t beat his main rival, then he should be fired. I can listen to the argument. Rivalry games are very important. Auburn’s biggest rival is Univ. of Alabama. Auburn lost this year but won the five previous to this year. It’s not like overnight Tuberville just forgets how to coach. Some school is going to be extremely lucky to hire Tuberville as their next coach. There are open positions at Mississippi State, Clemson, and University of Washington (among others) that Tuberville could rebuild into the powerhouse he created at Auburn.

1 Comments:

At 10:32 AM, Blogger The Rhythm of One said...

I'm sure they will just move up shooting and get it all in before she starts to show. I'm not sure the show is ready for Barney/Robin, especially with Tedd coming off another break up. I feel like if they add it, it will either cause the show to end quicker, or push it out longer.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home