cyclonejohn

Friday, December 19, 2008

Sellebration

For a guy who is laid off, I have kept myself surprisingly busy. I've done a little Christmas shopping, bought a new pair of spectacles for myself, been getting back in shape, and of course planning for the future. It is officially laid off +7 days. Today is the first day that I have a fairly free schedule.

1. I rented the movie Wanted and watched it today. I give it a B+. It is really violent and crude but the plot moves along quickly and it is all in all fairly entertaining.

2. We still don't know who will win the senate seat from the state of Minnesota. As of this morning, Incumbent Republican Norm Coleman has only a FIVE vote lead over challenger over Al Franken. There were over 3,000,000 votes cast and it right now has come down to five votes. That is just incredible.

3. I think the move is brilliant. I read in the paper this morning that Obama asked Evangelical pastor, Rick Warren to introduce Obama at his inauguration. It is interesting that the only people that are upset at Obama so far are the far left. They are upset at many of his moderates he has appointed to cabinet positions and they are moderate now that he has asked a conservative to introduce him at his inauguration. I think the movie is brilliant. Obama was criticized heavily during his for president for being too liberal. He has been anything but liberal so far.

4. I'm going to be honest. I was a bit surprised when Andrew informed me that Weezer has released a Christmas album. It's not terrible. They have all the favorites on there: O Holy Night, O Come All Ye Faithful, Hark the Herald Angels Sing, Silent Night, et cetera. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R4gV8XpYhho&feature=related

5. Have you guys heard of the new cologne, "Flame"? It is by Burger King. I am not making this up by the way. It is a woodsy smell with a small hint of flame broiled meat. Again, I am not making this up. If you want more information, go to firemeetsdesire.com.

6. I very much enjoyed this How I Met Your Mother photo album: http://www.ew.com/ew/gallery/0,,20162677_20164091_20247449,00.html?xid=rss-feed-todayslatest-%27HIMYM%27+cast+in+%27The+Best+of+2008%27

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home