cyclonejohn

Wednesday, May 20, 2009

lady's (un)luck

Yesterday was a great day. Anyday that I interview somewhere cool is a good day. I won't tell you where I interviewed, but I can tell you about it. It is a small marketing company in Evanston, IL. Out of all the interviews I have had, this is the first one where I not only felt like I would enjoy working there, I felt like the assets that the interviewer were looking for were my strengths. He is going to interview several people but I left feeling confident that I would at least make the second round.

1. In the history of the NBA Draft, the Minnesota Timberwolves have made the lottery 13 times. In that period, amazingly, the Wolves have never once moved up. They have either stayed at their same pick or moved down. This year, once again, they were slotted to pick at #5 but the lottery screws them and they move down one slot. Their were lottery moment was in 1992(?) when the Wolves had the worst record in the NBA but instead of getting the top pick, they fell to #3. Instead of taking Shaq, they were stuck taking Christian Laetner. Sigh. Just another cursed moment on the unluckiest franchise in basketball history.

2. Last night I watched the 2006 comedy Beer Fest. Is it stupid? Yes. Is it crude? Yes. But it was also quite funny. I give it a B and worth renting.

2 Comments:

At 1:04 PM, Anonymous Adam X said...

It's called a "Minnesota Finish," John--or colloquially, "Gagne's Curse."

It's like Murphy's Law: If something bad can happen to a Minnesota sports franchises, it will.

 
At 9:43 AM, Blogger cyclonejohn said...

Sigh.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home