cyclonejohn

Monday, June 01, 2009

Cool guys don't look at explosions

Happy Monday everyone. Friday night, Jim/Sarah and I grilled and then saw the movie Terminator Salvation. Meh. I give it a C+. The special effects were outstanding and the movie was really "cool". However, the plot was weak and because I had never seen any of the Terminator movies, I didn't get much of the story. Saturday during the day I didn't really do much except play with the puppy. Saturday night I headed back to Evanston because Jim/Sarah were having a big party. It was a lot of fun. However, after five margaritas... I don't even really remember the night ending, I just remember waking up the next morning. Sunday morning I played with the puppy outside and then to enjoy the nice day, some friends and I went to a really fun music festival called the Belmont Sheffield Music Festival. Good food, lots of music, lots of free stuff being given away. After watching a disappointing Cubs game, and enjoying a nice meal with the Kendig sisters, I was ready to call it a great weekend.

1. I was saddened to read that Dr. George Hiller, was gunned down at his church yesterday morning. Hiller became famous when Fox News host Bill O'Reilly publicly harassed him because of Hiller's role as one of only a handful of doctors willing to perform late-term abortions. Hiller has had many attempts at his life including bombings, and being shot in both arms in his past. Despite heavy security, he felt compelled to continue his practice saying that 99% of the abortions he performed were when the mother's life was in critical danger. This is a sad day for America and a black eye on the Pro-Life movement. Perhaps, the movement should stop protesting Notre Dame by throwing fake babies with blood on them all over campus, and shooting doctors, and figure out how to reduce the overall total amount of abortions in America by promoting effective sexual education, and adoption options for the mother.

2. I am a Lebron James fan and I was a little disappointed when the Cavs lost to the Magic. However, James refusing to shake hands after the loss is completely unacceptable. Later, not only did James not apologize, he said that he was a competitor and it would be too hard on him. Nobody is questioning your passion, work ethic, and competitve nature. However, James, you are a role model to millions of people and your tantrum is humiliating to yourself, your team, and your sport. I have a feeling though that with Wally Sczerbiak's 13 million dollar a year contract expiring this year, Zydranas Ilgauskas' 10 million dollar a year contract expiring, and Ben Wallace's almost 20 million dollar a year contract expiring, the Cavs will bring in a ton of talent to compliment Lebron. The Cavs are here to stay.

3. Please watch this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=15S0g8pG6HU

4. Did anyone watch the last Jay Leno on Friday? I did. I thought it was funny and well done. I am very excited for the beginning of the Conan O'Brien era that begins tonight.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home