cyclonejohn

Monday, February 22, 2010

Every saint has a past; every sinner has a future

What an amazing weekend. Friday night, four friends and I carpooled to the vacation hotspot that is Kenosha, Wisconsin. We visited with old friends, made new ones, and had a lovely evening. Saturday night, Allie and her roommate Brittany, and I decided to check out one of Chicago's more famous blues clubs - Blues Chicago. Although the music was the best live blues I have ever seen I will never go back. It is expensive, dirty, way too hot, way too crowded, way too loud, and just wasn't worth the hassle. I know I am sounding like a bit of diva, but if I am going to pay $15, I want to be at least a little comfortable. Sunday was about sleeping in, making dinner, and relaxing. I did watch the first two episodes of the show, Alias. I wish someone would have recommended I watch this show earlier. Jennifer Garner is terrific, the writing is cool, the story is interesting; and if you can get past the ubiquitous techno music, it is a great show. I am looking forward to seeing how the series goes.

1. Saturday afternoon I sucked it up, paid the big bucks, and saw a movie in the theaters. I saw Shutter Island. I really liked it. I give it an A-/B+. It is scary in the way Alfred Hitchcock movies are scary. I saw a poster for it that said it is psychologically tormenting. I think that is a good way to sum it up. Although the end is mildly predictable, it is still worth the price of admission.

2. If you are feeling spendy and you enjoy alcohol, I highly recommend you buy a bottle of Chambord. It is a pricey french liquor that has a sweet, raspberry flavor. You basically just add a little bit to a shot, or a martini, and it makes it much, much better.

Currently listening to "Hallelujah". Written by Leonard Cohen, but performed masterfully by Jeff Buckley.

3 Comments:

At 11:15 PM, Blogger Koo4You said...

Alias is by far my favorite drama series. I have all the seasons on DVD.

I have to warn you. Although season 1-3 are EPIC, towards the end of 4 is where it start to fade. Thats when JJ Abrams became a hot shot and made a little show called "LOST" and directed MI:3

Season 5 i'll admit kind of sucked and got all weird since JJ was completely out of the production process, and it didn't help Jennifer Garner got pregnant.

But at least it wasn't cancelled and actually ended with a series finale.

Regardless, I highly reccomend it.

 
At 10:53 PM, Anonymous Michael Taylor said...

Even when used in the context of sarcasm I'm still quite sure it's illegal somewhere to classify Kenosha, Wisconsin as a "vacation hotspot"...

 
At 3:17 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

However, gradually as well as continuously, these people did start to style rucksacks, tents as well as resting totes. replica burberry handbags With time, additional sportspersons as well as experience freaks did start to bring about these types of styles using their useful advices. hermes replica Along with this type of big collection of add-ons, Wildcraft homes a lot more than 100 unique shops throughout a lot more than 50 Indian native metropolitan areas. louis vuitton replica This particular manufacturer is really a garantee associated with sturdiness along with a image associated with style. fake chanel The actual subsidy vary based on the type of item bought, however the subsidy associated with in between one hundred eighty as well as four hundred yuan is going to be provided for that buy of 1 air-conditioning device as well as in between 100 yuan as well as four hundred yuan is going to be accessible to people who buy particular types of colour TELEVISION. replica chanel The actual Ministry associated with Financial believed how the financial aid might improve usage through 135 billion dollars yuan as well as accomplish power cost savings associated with close to 12 zillion megawatt several hours annually.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home