cyclonejohn

Tuesday, February 09, 2010

19th Century Teleprompter

I had a very enjoyable weekend. If I wasn't enjoying a beer at Rock Bottom or Nevin's, eating delicious Thai food at Butterfly, or watching the Superbowl (and the unfunny commercials), I was laughing at Sarah Palin's latest snafu. For those of you who are unaware, this past weekend was the big Tea Bagger, um, I mean Tea Party convention - where rubes from all over America gathered to discuss their sub rosa racism, and wild ignorance together, under the same roof. Who better to give the key-note speech than our favorite hockey mom, Sarah Palin. Apparently worried about being accused a hypocrite after knocking Obama's constant use of a teleprompter, Palin decided to use the old 19th century teleprompter... her hand. If you look for video, you can see she clearly wrote key words on her arm/hand to help her for her speech.

I absolutely love it!

In what should come to a surprise to no one, Fox News jumped to her defense. While Fox News' night-time programs, consisting of Glenn Beck, Bill O'Reilly, and Sean Hannity are so vitriolic and rude, I can't even watch it, Fox's morning show, Fox and Friends, is so embarrassingly sophomoric and simple, sometimes I like to start my morning with a good dose of the Fox buffoons. Take a look at what they said yesterday morning in Palin's defense:

Carlson: I think she did it on purpose. Because it is an exact opposite of reading off a teleprompter with a script written for you word for word in a sentence. Here, she's just taking crib notes on her hand. It makes her look like she can speak off the cuff. She just jotted down a few notes before she gave her long speech.

Kilmeade: But to sit there and look at, and do the interview and look down at her hand, I think that is, like you said Gretchen, folksy, absolutely down to earth, I can identify.

Come on Fox News!! How can you say that shit with a straight face?! They are saying it is endearing that Palin wrote down crib notes on her hand? AAAAGGGHHHHH!!!!

1. I was bored this weekend and decided to rent a movie. I don't know why, but I rented the movie Notorious - about the life of Notorious B.I.G. I hate to admit it, but I actually enjoyed it. It is kind of cool, and I forgot how much great music Biggie Smalls put out before he was killed. I give the movie a B.

2. Currently listening to "Party and Bullshit" by Notorious B.I.G.

3 Comments:

At 12:53 PM, Blogger The Rhythm of One said...

Endearing - "Awww how cute! She wrote on her hand like a 3rd grader."

 
At 5:06 PM, Anonymous Michael Taylor said...

I seriously can't even put together a coherent comment on the hypocracy of Fox News because the whole thing just annoys me so damn much...

 
At 5:52 PM, Anonymous Tieds said...

Palin should go hunting with Dick Cheney. Hopefully he won't miss this time.

1. Why do you hate to admit it was a good movie? It was a great movie. I would add a plus to your B.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home