cyclonejohn

Monday, January 18, 2010

Not too Favre away

A lot of people, especially fans of Tennessee football, are furious at Lane Kiffen, for leaving UT after one season, where they went 7-6, for greener pastures at the University of Southern California. On the one hand, UT bailed him out after being publicly embarrassed by the Oakland Raiders. But let's be real, USC is tied with Texas, in my opinion, for the best job in all of football - pro or college. He will be able to get better recruits, have more publicity, be paid more, have better facilities, and oh by the way, I would much rather annually play Washington, Arizona State, and Oregon, than Florida, Georgia, LSU, Alabama, and the rest of the SEC. The real question is why on earth would USC hire Kiffen?! Keep in mind, that as a fellow Bloomington Jefferson High School graduate, I want to cheer for Kiffen. But, c'mon USC, this is the best you could do? Yes, I understand he was a successful offensive coordinator for the Trojans five years ago during they golden age. But you are USC. You could get anyone you want. You could tap the NFL and lure a Leslie Frazier or Jon Gruden. You could most likely lure young and up and coming football coaching talent like Will Muschamp or Jason Garret. Instead you went for an unproven carpetbagger. It just doesn't make any sense.

1. Some friends came over Friday night and we watched the movie Public Enemies. I liked it. I didn't love it but it was worth my time. I give it a B-. It's a little too drawn out, plus I wanted to learn more about Dillinger's past and how he morphed into the gangster he became. On the one hand, the director was asking the audience to sympathize with Dillinger, but why should we? He is a vicious murderer and thief. Give me a reason to feel for him? I tend to enjoy movies with the anti-hero as the lead. But I need to feel and relate to the character.

2. My favorite part of the Vikings win yesterday was probably the random shots of Prince in his luxury booth. I never would have guessed Prince to be a big Vikings fan. He looked so out of place.

3. While watching TV this morning before work, I could not help watch some highlights of Maria Kirilenko upsetting Maria Sharapova. That is like the most attractive tennis match I have ever seen! It is hard though whether that tops the clip Sportscenter showed of Brett Favre singing "Pants on the Ground".

4. Currently listening to "21 Guns" by Green Day.

1 Comments:

At 12:30 PM, Anonymous Mike Tieden said...

How dare you criticize a gangster movie starring Johnny Depp!? Those are fighting words, my friend.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home