cyclonejohn

Monday, January 11, 2010

I needed money cause I had none

As most of you know, I have always really enjoyed watching Conan O'Brien. My love really started in college when frequently my roommates and I after a long day of studying, um, working out, no, um, going to bible study... okay, after a long day of doing nothing, my roommates and I liked to end our evenings by watching Conan. I was very excited when three years ago it was announced that Jay Leno was retiring and Conan was replacing Mr. Leno. I always enjoyed the Tonight Show with Jay Leno - I even saw his stand-up act in Las Vegas. However, it was time for a change. I am very disappointed that only a few months NBC has decided to cancel Leno's show and will likely be moving him back into Conan's spot. Either Conan has to accept to move his time back to his original 11:30 time slot, or he will likely search for another network to share his antics with us. Either way, I am not happy with NBC and I hope a solution is worked out where everyone wins.

1. Nimit and I both saw Avatar yesterday. I enjoyed it. I would probably give the movie an A-/B+. Please if you go spend the extra $3.00 for the 3d glasses. In terms of special effects, it is the single coolest movie I have ever seen. The plot was a little fantastical and silly, but still fun. I did not really appreciate the banality of making the American military the evil bad guy once again. I thought that lacked creativity on James Cameron's part.

2. Last week I finished the book, In The Lake of The Woods by Tim O'Brien. It was the national best seller about ten years ago. I really liked it. It is a quick book of fiction about a Vietnam vet who lost his bid for senator and then his wife disappears. I definitely recommend it.

3. Currently listening to "Hey Ya" by Outcast. Album: Speaker Boxx/Love Below

1 Comments:

At 9:15 PM, Anonymous coolTiEDS said...

I'm upset about the Conan situation as well. It sucks. I'd like to see him leave NBC and go to another network and give them a big middle finger.

I saw Avatar in 3D too, it was great. It kind of seemed like when the Europeans came to America and invaded the Redskins. This time the savages won (they even called them savages).

 

Post a Comment

<< Home