cyclonejohn

Wednesday, November 18, 2009

The daytime of the night.

The fashion industry has made huge strides in the past twenty years to brand themselves differently. Instead of having just paper-thin models, the industry has embraced a wide spectrum of models - tall, short, thin, and more curvy. There is most certainly a direct correlation between the amazing amount of women that suffer from Anorexia Nervosa and Bulimia. The industry has had a rough month though. First there was the Calvin Klein ad a month ago with one of the skinniest models I have ever seen that drew ire from the media. Then today I read in the paper that Kate Moss has outraged many by claiming on her website (taken directly from pro-anorexia websites), "nothing tastes as good as skinny feels". Miss Moss should be ashamed at herself. Considering she has battled eating disorders and drug addiction for the past fifteen years, one might expect more from her.


1. Do you remember some of the big protests after the elections in Iran a few months ago? Well, the Iranian government was not happy about this world wide embarrassment. They gathered up the ring leaders and they are now sentenced to death. They were charged with "corruption" and my favorite, "Acts against God".

2. I saw two movies in the past few days. One, the new Star Trek movie. I give it a solid B. It's entertaining, easy to follow, and I left pleased. Chicago also has this really cool idea of mixing a bar and a movie theater and calling it a "brew and view". Last night some friends and I saw The Hangover. I had seen it this past June and liked it. Although at times it was a little noisy in the theater - a consequence of us being in the back row right next to the bar - but it was still fun. The guys all enjoyed it. The women said it was "funny at parts but mainly just gross."

3.

2 Comments:

At 3:39 PM, Blogger The Rhythm of One said...

A. I think the women you hang out with need to relax a little. Jackie and I loved the movie, though I did more than she did.

B. Star Trek was one of the best movies so far this year. Probably in my top five. Apparently you aren't geek enough to understand ;)

C.

 
At 9:49 PM, Anonymous Michel said...

I am pro-bulimia. It's a great way to get rid of alcohol and wake up in the morning. And 200 pound wildebeests are not welcome in my bedroom.

1. Bush should have sent all those crazy liberals to death row too. Good for Accccchhhhhhhmedinijad (Something was caught in my throat, sorry).

2. I'm not a Trekky, but I did enjoy Star Trek as well.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home