cyclonejohn

Thursday, October 29, 2009

Nowhere boy

Life is good. The weather is a moderate 45 degrees, all four major sports are playing games right now, college football is in the thick of their season, and college basketball tips off in three weeks. Vikings are 6-1, Cyclones one game from being bowl eligible, and the Wolves are undefeated. I thought all was right with the world. Life was too good for a moment. Naturally, I headed over to read the latest on Rush Limbaugh for my weekly dose of humility. Topic of the day? AIDS. "I don't doubt that the number of H1N1 cases out there is being hyped. And for many of the same reasons AIDS was - and still is - hyped in Africa. Everything in Africa is called AIDS. The reason is they get aid money for it. AIDS is the biggest pile of the biggest pot they throw money into."

I will allow you a moment to control yourself from laughing. According to avert.org, there are currently 22 million Africans living with AIDS. Last year alone, almost two million people died of AIDS. Yeah, it's just all hype Rush.

1. www.youtube.com/watch?v=w8Xs4GfFrM8. This is the trailer for the new movie about the early life of John Lennon. I am outrageously excited.

2. Little in life has given me as much satisfaction as the Levi Johnston/Sarah Palin feud. Yesterday, Palin said, "Those who would sell their body for money reflect a desperate need for attention and are likely to say or do anything for even more competition." Of course Palin is talking about Johnston's upcoming Playgirl appearance. Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't Palin doing beauty pageants when she was Johnston's age?

3. Currently listening to "electric feel" by MGMT.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home