cyclonejohn

Tuesday, October 06, 2009

I'm so low; you can't crawl under me.

I've had better weekends. I drove home to Minnesota this weekend. It was cold and rainy all weekend. Saturday morning my Dad and I went went to check out the new TCF Bank Stadium - where the University of Minnesota football team plays. Being the newest stadium in the country, I had very high expectations. I give the stadium an A-/B+. The Bank's design is gorgeous. It's a horseshoe design with the majority of seats having a great view of the Minneapolis skyline. However, the concourses are a bit tight and the bathrooms are designed terribly. They only have one door. Literally hundreds of people are trying to enter and leave the bathroom at the same time. In addition, it was 38 degrees at kick-off, raining, and I only had a sweatshirt on. It is just possible that this poor planning resulted in my current cold/congestion. Naturally, the Gophers lost a heart breaker to rival Wisconsin. After the game, we stuck around and got to take a tour of the locker room. It is the largest locker room in all of sports. Spanning 60 yards long, and 40 yards wide, with gorgeous cherry wood, it is the most impressive locker room I have ever seen. After the tour, I went to a bar to catch the Iowa State game. They lost by one point. My day was made better by a nice meal with my old college friend Nick Willson and later on some TFI Friday's with Tieds. The rest of the weekend was very casual. I did enjoy visiting with Humanzee and Miss Humanzee. They seem to be doing well; and that makes me happy.

1. On Friday night I checked out a new restaurant in Eden Prairie called Kona. Awesome!

2. It might be time to suspend use of the word Cougar. It's becoming absurdly banal.

3. Did anyone else see how much Saturday Night Live ripped on Chicago?! Yikes! Almost as good as Conan's feud with Newark.

4. Currently listening to "Music is my hot hot sex" by CSS.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home