cyclonejohn

Thursday, October 15, 2009

I just want to live while I'm alive

As most of you know, I have always been a hypocritical health nut. I pride myself on eating healthy and working out. I'm a hypocrite because I also love food; and although I know the rules to being healthy, put a plate of freshly baked chocolate chip cookies in front of me... and I turn into Kirstie Alley at an Old Country Buffet. I have been reading more and more about the idea of doing a seven day detox. I would spend the first 48 hours on a juice only diet, followed by two more days of eating just fruits and vegetables, then four days of fruits, vegetables, nuts, and fish. I have been reading some books, magazines, and websites and I am convinced more than ever that this would be a good thing to do once a year.

1. Congratulations for Chicago for royally pissing me off once again! Starting in the beginning of 2010, they are going to raise their bus and train rates from $2.25 to $3.00 per ride. In addition, they are going to raise their monthly rates from $76 to $110. Apparently the Chicago Transit Authority is $300,000,000 in debt. Gee... do you think there is a bit of corruption in this city?

2. It is about time the Bears trade a 2nd-4th road pick to the Bills for Terrell Owens. The Bills are terrible and Owens' contract expires at the end of the year. The Bears are one good wide receiver from contending for a Super Bowl. The trade makes too much sense... so it won't happen.

3. I am very disappointed with the way the Twins played in the post-season. It is amazing that the Twins, with as tiny of budget as they have, to make the playoffs five out of the past six years. However, they have only won two out of their past 18 playoff games. They got swept this year by the Yankees and ended up 0-10 against the Yankees in 2009.

4. I read in the Red Eye that Fox has already renewed The Cleveland Show for two more years. I am a huge fan of Seth McFarland and Family Guy. However, The Cleveland Show is terrible.

1 Comments:

At 10:45 PM, Anonymous Mr. Teeds said...

1. Corruption in Chicago? No way, they have been a clean upstanding city since its founding.

2. You are just used to Minnesota Sports Teams making bad moves. The Bears will probably do it, and then beat out the Vikings for the playoff spot.

3. But apparently you feel different about the Twins. Again, Minnesota Sports Teams make bad moves (and bad plays).

4. Well put, I couldn't agree more.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home