cyclonejohn

Friday, October 09, 2009

Say it aint snow!

I read this morning on CNN.com that President Obama has won the Nobel Peace Prize? Everybody here knows I am an Obama guy... but even I am flummoxed. I guess I just don't know what great accomplishments, or accomplishment Obama has in his belt that would warrant, arguably, the most impressive award in the world. Correct me if I am wrong, but we are still fighting multiple wars. I worry though if the prize has lost its prestige due to its apparent liberal bias. In the past five years alone, Obama, Al Gore, and Jimmy Carter have won. I anxiously await to hear what pricks like Glenn Beck and Sean Hannity have to say about this.

1. Did anyone watch The Office wedding last night? Decent episode. I saw that Dwight pulled out the infamous Three Wolf Moon shirt. Which, by the way, is currently the #3 selling clothing item on Amazon.com

2. The weather report says it is supposed to slow late Saturday night/early Sunday morning. Roar!

3. Even though the Twins are facing an uphill battle, the fact that they made the playoffs is nothing short of amazing. First off, they had to win 16 out of their last 20 games just to tie the Tigers. Then they had to win a one game playoff. But this isn't even including the injuries. The list of Twins out for the year due to injuries is the longest I have ever seen. MVP award winner Justin Morneau, starting third basemen and former all-star Joe Crede, four of their five starting pitchers at the beginning of the year, two of their relievers that started the year, and other players. The team keeps winning with very little baseball talent. I am very impressed.

4. Rush Limbaugh has made a bid to buy the St. Louis Rams. Thank goodness I am not a fan of the Rams. Immediately I would have a team to root against every week!

5. I have to admit I got a lot of joy upon MSNBC's list of the best and worst cities in America. Minneapolis came in #1 in the country in intelligence, and cleanest cities. It also ranked in the top five in terms of friendliness, airports, and affordability. Chicago meanwhile ranked high in hotels, restaurants, and museums.

6. Currently listening to "Nobody gonna break my stride" by Matthew Wilder

3 Comments:

At 11:20 AM, Blogger The Rhythm of One said...

I'm glad that I'm not the only internet loser that noticed the Wolf shirt. I had to explain it to some people, which makes it not as funny.

One of these days I'm going to teach you how to post links on your blog. Where did you find the MSNBC Cities list?

 
At 12:30 PM, Blogger cyclonejohn said...

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/33194229/ns/today-today_travel/

 
At 5:30 PM, Anonymous MAD MIKE said...

It's too bad there wasn't a category for murders and drug dealers. Chicago would certainly have topped it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home