cyclonejohn

Monday, November 02, 2009

All the flavor, none of the fat.

This is your America ladies and gentlemen. I was in Evanston last night waiting for Allie to get done with work and I thought I would spend my time at Barnes and Noble. After I bought my cup of hot chocolate, I thought I would spend my time perusing the magazine rack. However, I was immediately distracted by one "book". Stars of The Hills, Heidi Montag and Spencer Pratt have a new book called, "How to be Famous: Our guide to looking the part, playing the press, and becoming a tabloid fixture." The book has tips on how to embrace the paparazzi, and my favorite chapter, "How to look good on the outside." Now even Spencer Pratt is giving me fitness tips. But enough about Spencer, what kind of advice does Heidi have for me? Setting the feminist movement back three decades, in her chapter, "Women's Weapons of Mass Destruction" Heidi says that if women want to get their way, they should just cry whenever possible. I guess I am just amazed by the complete lack of self-awareness by these two. Either they are both incredibly stupid... or incredibly brilliant. My guess is that they are complete idiots but have an agent/manager who knows how to play and beat the system.


1. In news that maybe only I will appreciate, following the likes of Ron Artest, Kobe Bryant, and Shaq, former Duke basketball star, and current Orlando Magic shooting guard J.J. Reddick is releasing a rap album. Reddick one of the most hated, and whitest players ever lace up a pair of sneakers, expects his album to come out in early 2010. I have not been this excited for a rap album since Kevin Federline released, "Playing with fire".


2. Best episode of How I Met Your Mother ever last night.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home