cyclonejohn

Sunday, November 01, 2009

Opinutainment

Another terrific Halloween weekend is finally wrapping up. Thursday night Mike arrived fully expecting a weekend with the expectation that we would make up for a lack of sleep with large amounts of food and drink. I don't think he was disappointed. I think the highlight was Allie's insane party Friday night. Everybody was in costume. Ann, Nim, Anay, Jim, Sarah, and the rest of the gang joined four or five dozen of our closest friends for a great start to a fun weekend at Allie's apartment. The party went quite late. Saturday during the day, everyone was tired. After a nice brunch, we spent most of the day relaxing, watching football, and being lazy. As night approached, we joined more people, walked around Wrigleyville, people watching was spectacular, and spent the night at this bar called Rebel.

1. So I guess I have a job now? I won't exactly be a senior vice president for Microsoft... but I have something. Starting next week, I will be a marketing consultant for a start-up software program, specializing in software for dentists. The company has not even launched yet... Name to be determined... I have lots of questions, but an offer was made, and I am pleased.

2. What were some of the best Halloween costumes people saw? My favorite moment might have been when two guys dressed as the d*ck in the box guys from SNL ran into the mother-f*ckers guys from SNL. Congratulations to the man at Rebel who showed up as a used tampon. Real classy.

3. Great Daily Show clip on his thoughts on Fox News: www.politicalwire.com/archives/2009/10/30/stewart_on_fox_news.html

4. Currently listening to "Kids" by MGMT.

1 Comments:

At 4:16 PM, Blogger Emilia said...

Wooo! Congratulations on the new job!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home