cyclonejohn

Monday, November 16, 2009

I forgot to remember to forget.

It was kind of a throw-back weekend; and I mean that in a good way. I know that next weekend is going to be pretty crazy; and I just wanted to chill this past weekend. Friday night some friends and came over after a nice Mexican dinner, relaxed, played some games, and just relaxed. Saturday, after doing some work, Allie and I decided that we would go bowling. Now, I have gone bowling many times. Never has beer been brought into the picture before. Take into account the beer, the cosmic lighting, and Neal Diamond's "Sweet Caroline", it was a really fun night. I didn't do a lot Sunday. After one last epic tennis match with Nimit, I watched two movies on TV. One was The Count of Monte Cristo. It came out about seven years ago and was excellent. After that was The Rock... a classic.

1. I have been reading my health publications and I have been reading a lot about the supplements Ginseng and Ginkgo Biloba. What do you think? I already take a variety of supplements - acai, flaxseed, multivitamin, calcium, fish oil... I am leery about taking anymore. But I want to be as healthy as possible too. Thoughts? I am certainly not a physician.

2. As the Thanksgiving season arrives, please remember the neediest amongst us. Today's cover USA TODAY article is about those hungry in America. According to the article, last year, 49 million Americans went hungry or were without a sufficient amount of food at some point last year. That is about one in seven Americans. That is the highest number of Americans who are hungry since 1995. It is also up 45% since 2007. In addition, two years ago 29.5 million Americans were on food stamps, this year it is 36 million. President Obama has promised to help fight the war on poverty by boosting food stamps, and providing more options for children's lunch programs. This is just another obvious sign that we need the economy to turn around as soon as possible.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home