cyclonejohn

Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Crazy is as crazy does

It has been far too long since I have posted about my good friend, Reverend Pat Robertson. When he is not being anti-Semitic, or racist, he is mocking homosexuals. After the devastating earthquake hit Haiti a few weeks ago, guess who had to put his two cents in... The good reverend, of course. He started off his show, The 700 Club by saying, "You know, something happened a long time ago in Haiti. They got together and swore a pact with the devil. They said we will serve you if you free us from the French. True story. And so, the devil said, 'okay, it's a deal.' And they kicked the French out. But ever since they have been cursed by one thing or another." Pat, Pat, Pat. Obviously he is unaware that 80% of Haitians are Roman Catholic. Even more are Christian. I guess I should not be surprised. Rev. Robertson has a long history of such bonehead quotes - from blaming an Israeli Prime Minister's stroke on ceding land to Palestine, to saying God punished America on 9/11 for our loose morals. It's about time to retire, Pat. You turn 80 in two months. Save us all from your crazy rants.

1. People Magazine is claiming that Conan's last show will be on January 22nd. I think the damage is beyond repair. I actually feel bad for Jay Leno. He has taken a huge PR hit when the real blame should be placed squarely on the shoulders of NBC's executive team.

2. Currently listening to "Percussion Gun" by White Rabbits.

1 Comments:

At 9:43 PM, Anonymous cooltieds said...

I began to laugh when I saw the words "Pat Robertson" on your post. I have nothing to ad to your rant, other than Jerry Falwell, and other like-minded "pastors" who pervert the Christian religion just as much as al-Qaida perverts Islam, should join him in retirement....soon.

1. I hope Conan goes to a different network (it looks like Fox...grrr) and blows Leno and Letterman away. Not to spite Leno or Letterman, but to essentially say "F*ck you" to NBC.

2. I'm not aware of the hipster band White Rabbits, but I would guess they where skinny jeans, converse shoes, long sleeve shirts under short sleeve shirts under long sleeve shirts, emo haircuts, black nail polish, and enough make-up to question their sexuality.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home