cyclonejohn

Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Would you like an Amstel Light with that Whopper?

Okay Burger King, I'm listening. I woke up this morning, turned on Headline News so my girl Robin Meade can tell me what is going on with the world. Anyway, her "lead" story is that Burger King is going to start selling beer. They are going to try this out at one restaurant in Miami, and if it goes well, start adding it to most of their Burger King locations. I have not honestly been to a Burger King in a few years. However, I am intrigued at the idea and I will be monitoring how successful it will be.

1. Speaking of beer, there is a great Indiana brewery called Three Floyd's. They make a variety of delicious beer options. My favorite is Gumball Head. They sell it all over Chicago. One of the nice things about the Windy City is how it has introduced me to some great breweries. Goose Island's 312 is perfect if you are looking for a convenient, reasonably priced beer. And if you are feeling more adventurous, Point Beer from Steven's Point, Wisconsin is excellent. As well, I highly recommend anything from the Bell's Brewery in Michigan - in particular the Bell's Oberon. It is too bad I was not introduced to any of those in Minnesota or Iowa... well... maybe it is a good thing.

2. I was a little sad to see former Vice Presidential candidate, and North Carolina senator John Edwards divorce from his wife. I might agree with him on policy issues, but the man is a huge scumbag. He cheated on his wife, had a child with this mistress, tried to cover it up, and all of this is while his wife is slowly dying of incurable cancer.

3. It is not healthy for a 24 year old man to sit and day dream about current University of Kentucky freshman John Wall becoming a Timberwolf next year. It's not good; I'm working on it.

4. Currently listening to "Don't Bring Me Down" by Electric Light Orchestra (ELO)

2 Comments:

At 4:43 PM, Anonymous cooltieds said...

Beer at Burger King is the greatest idea in a long time.

1. I'm going to look for Gumball Head in Minnesota. I doubt we'll have it though.

2. The time to start test-driving new cars is not when your car is completely useless. I think Edwards was just doing the same with women.

3. It would be nice to see the Timberwolves get some actual talent on the team, but I doubt they will.

 
At 7:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello!
You may probably be very curious to know how one can make real money on investments.
There is no initial capital needed.
You may begin to get income with a sum that usually goes
for daily food, that's 20-100 dollars.
I have been participating in one company's work for several years,
and I'm ready to share my secrets at my blog.

Please visit blog and send me private message to get the info.

P.S. I make 1000-2000 per daily now.

http://theinvestblog.com [url=http://theinvestblog.com]Online Investment Blog[/url]

 

Post a Comment

<< Home