cyclonejohn

Thursday, May 10, 2007

Sing me a song you're the piano man

It has been a while since I have seen a good concert. I say "good" because in the past month I have seen Saliva and Mike Jones on back to back nights... Anyway, last night at the Xcel Energy Center I saw Billy Joel. I can now successfully cross him off the list. I have seen some real legends at Xcel (Clapton, Paul McCartney, et cetera) but I don't know if any of them put on a show like The Piano Man. For two emotional hours, Mr. Joel sang his heart and played classic after classic. We cried with him during Captain Jack, laughed with him when he did really funny AC/DC and Bob Dylan covers, and screamed our little hearts out with him when the first few chords of Uptown Girl began to play. Billy Joel said the first time he toured in Minnesota was thirty-six years ago!! Joel is a man who has gone from the high of being married to supermodel Christie Brinkley and winning numerous awards to as low as when he checked into the Betty Ford clinic after several DUI's and being the butt of numerous jokes on the late night comedy programs. But he's back ladies and gentlemen. And today we salute you Billy Joel.

2 Comments:

At 2:33 PM, Blogger The Rhythm of One said...

I'm glad you got to go. I've heard from many many people that he is amazing live.

who else is on your list?

 
At 3:44 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

amen!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home