cyclonejohn

Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Live-what???

Before I begin this post, I just read in the newspaper this morning that the head of China's Food and Drug Administration was executed for accepting $800,000 in bribes. People are executed for bribery?!?!?! This is not the day for a death penalty debate but c'mon now; that is more than a cruel punishment.

I have again been caught red-handed reading the Conservative/Republican blogs again and my views on Liveaid have shifted to the right. As many of you know, LiveAid is a giant, seven continent rock show designed to raise awareness about global warming. But unfortunately it turned into, as one of my favorite rock bands, Muse, suggested, it should have been called, "Private Jets for Climate Change". Why don't the artists just call it what it was. It was a giant rock show designed to insult Bush at every opportunity. Who in their right mind does not know what global warming is? Who doesn't know what they should be doing to help the environment more? Recycling is good??? Thank you Macy Gray for informing me. And what hypocrisy by these artists! Madonna took two private jets with her staff, dancers, and equipment for her show. Two private 737 jets! To be honest, I do not know what needs to be done to help the environment. And don't you dare my liberal friends say the Kyoto Protocal. When the Kyoto Protocal vote was put before the senate every single senator (Democrat, Republican, and Independent) every single vote was against it. I am scared like the rest of you about the harmful effects of global warming and I am open to suggestions on what to do.

5 Comments:

At 9:56 PM, Blogger Emilia said...

Um, John?

"Who doesn't know what they should be doing to help the environment more? Recycling is good???"

"To be honest, I do not know what needs to be done to help the environment."

 
At 10:16 AM, Blogger cyclonejohn said...

I see your point. To clarify, I know what little things need to be to help the environment. I understand I need to recycle my pop cans, drive less, et cetera. But I don't know what needs to be done globally. Obviously develop cars that will not produce so many terrible gasses. Eliminate coal as a form of electricity and move to wind, water, and solar forms of electricty. However, what goes does it do if the U.S. does it and no one else does? I just have a feeling it has to get significantly worse before it gets a little bit better.

 
At 2:45 PM, Blogger The Rhythm of One said...

I agree with John. Things aren't changing quick enough. I grew up recycling, I try to walk every where I go, I carpool, and my next car with be a hybrid (or at least fuel efficient). Hopefully I can get solar panels on my house someday. I do my best to educate people on these things. but now what? I'm not about to move into a shack and live off the earth.

 
At 11:54 PM, Blogger Koo4You said...

isnt it live earth?

 
At 6:52 PM, Blogger The Rhythm of One said...

I'm kinda guessing, but I want to say that LiveEarth (SOS) was the name of the concert, which was put on by Live Aid.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home