cyclonejohn

Monday, July 16, 2007

Snape

I saw Harry Potter 5 this weekend and I give it a B+/A-. Although I anxiously await ummingbird's critique, it was not horrible. The graphics were fantastic, the casting was brilliant, and they did a decent job of making an 800 page book into a 138 minute movie. It is not easy to make a movie that adults will like, kids will like, people who have read all the books, and people who have never seen one of the movies all enjoy it. I think the director succeeded. For all the Potter fans, MSNBC had an interesting article on its website to day about Snape and whether he is good or bad and the reasoning for him being bad or good.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/19718440/from/RS.1/

2 Comments:

At 6:40 PM, Blogger The Rhythm of One said...

First off, if you want real HP news, head over to The Leaky Cauldron or MuggleNet.

I guess I agree with you. I know that the director had a challenge, and he pulled it off. Some of the visual effects were amazing! I thought a few of the characters, like Luna and Umbridge, were perfect. The problems that I have were with other characters. I've heard of people that refuse to watch the movies because they made Hermoine "too pretty". I on the other hand, am happy with Emma Watson. ;)

What I didn't like were things that were out of character. Dumbledore wouldn't get pissed off at Umbridge enough to shout at the students. Although Sirius would accidentally call Harry by his father's name, but it's such a big deal that you cannot just add it to the movie, if it's not in the book. Also, the director could have made the movie a little longer and made some of the scenes look even better. I wanted to see much more of the Ministry of Mystery scenes, and more dueling between the DA kids and the Death Eaters. I really felt like the students were 'saved' by the Order, like they were weak.

 
At 5:49 PM, Blogger The Rhythm of One said...

I heard today on a podcast that someone as going to go to the midnight release and hand out stickers for that podcast.

"take the sticker or I'll tell you spoilers!"

it made me chuckle.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home