cyclonejohn

Tuesday, January 22, 2008

The jokes on us

It is great to be back in Minneapolis but, as strange as this is to say, I really miss Ames. I had a wonderful weekend with some friends from college. We played some basketball, watched the cyclones eek out a victory in Hilton Coliseum, saw some classic comedies and gorged on pizza and Chinese Food. What more could I ask for? I know we are getting old when on Saturday night several of us were asleep by 10:00 pm. The highlight of the weekend was definitely getting to meet Anay's new lady friend, Allie. She likes watching Family Guy and her About Me on Facebook has the words McDonald's and BigMac in its first sentence. Could that be more awesome?!

1. It was really tragic to read all about Heath Ledger's death. I pray for the Ledger family. On a more selfish note, can you imagine the buzz surrounding the new Batman movie coming out this July in which Ledger plays The Joker. I was already excited for the movie.

2. I watched the Democratic debate in South Carolina last night. CNN reported this morning it was the most watched primary debate in American history with over 5 million viewers. It was an interesting debate in terms of strategy. Obama spent his time contrasting the differences between himself and Hillary. Hillary basically ignored Obama and instead kept noting the similarities she had with John Edwards. I think Clinton's strategy makes a lot of sense. There is no doubt that Edwards will drop out in the next three weeks and this type of showing might make a lot of Edwards supporters switch their support to Hillary. It also made me happy to see that Fred Thompson has dropped out for the Republican nomination.

3. Growing up I always wanted a pool table. All those times when my friends and I would just be sitting in my basement doing nothing, I thought of how cool it would be to have a pool table. About four weeks ago, my parents bought one. I have advanced from being absolutely dreadful to considerably below average. For Christmas, my Dad hired a billiards instructor to come out for an hour and teach me the correct form and a few tips. This was one of the coolest gifts I could think of. My Dad is having a billiards tournament in February. Everybody is invited.

4. Speaking of gifts, all you ladies out there watch out. My Grandma just got back from Italy, Greece, and Egypt. While she was in Italy, she stopped in the original Prada store and got me a few things. I really like this chocolate colored tie. However, I'm not sure what color of shirt to wear the tie with...

5. My skin becomes very white in January. This makes me look harrier then normal. I'm not happy.

6. I was listening to the radio and the really sexy, dance hit, "Cry for You" by September came on and I started to dance. I was enjoying myself until I looked in the mirror. It looked like a circus elephant that had just been hit with a tranquilizer. Except I had more snapping. I again reminded myself why I should never been seen in public dancing.

2 Comments:

At 12:21 PM, Blogger The Rhythm of One said...

nice simile to the elephant. I concur. Keep me informed about that poor tourney; I'll need to practice up so I can kick your ass.

p.s. take the tie to macy's, and try matching it to every shirt you see. No black though.

 
At 11:10 PM, Blogger Emilia said...

both pink and light blue look very nice with chocolate brown. light green as well. some shades of red might work, but you'd need to be careful. cream might be nice, though again, you'd want to be cautious.

. . . you know, easter egg colors.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home