cyclonejohn

Monday, January 07, 2008

A trip to Ames!!

One might think after spending three years in the very center of Iowa, a future weekend trip to Ames would not sound fun. Au Contraire! The boys and I are heading to Ames in two weeks for fun times, a little college basketball, and a bit of debauchery. There is a permanent indent from how many times I have slept on Anay's coach. I will resume my normal sleeping spot there unless objections arise. Here are a few things I find interesting:

1. Jon Stewart and Stephen Colbert return with new episodes tonight. With the writer's strike having no end in sight, I warmly welcome the fresh comedy.

2. I will watch the college football national championship game tonight but I'm not all that excited for it.

3. I was really read to learn that this weekend, Marty Crandell of the Shins thought it would be a good idea to get intoxicated and "allegedly" beat up his girlfriend. http://www.nme.com/news/the-shins/33473. I have certainly been angry with women before. I have raised my voice. But the idea of raising a fist and striking a woman seems so barbaric and disgusting. I love the Shins but if this is true then lock this bastard up.

4. It looks like John McCain will win the New Hampshire primary. This scares me. I think McCain is a brilliant politician, he has loads of experience, and he is likeable. This scares me because I think he has a good chance of beating the democrats in the 2008 election. A much better chance then Thompson, Huckabee, Giuliani, or Romney. People like my parents love McCain. But just because he's likeable, does not mean he is not very conservative. He has always been pro invading Iraq, he's very socially conservative, and he's 72 years old. This wouldn't be a problem except young people don't get out and vote, old people do. We'll see though. We are long way from knowing who will get the nomination for both parties.

5. I rediscovered Ben Folds' Rockin the Suburbs CD this weekend. I seem to get more joy from rediscovering old CDs then I do from any new CD I have bought in the past year.

6. The American Heart Association rated Minnesota as having the healthiest hearts in the country. They just barely beat Hawaii and Alaska. This is good news.

7. Does Iran have a death sentence. The Pentagon is reporting the Iranian navy "seriously provoked" three U.S. Navy vessels. I know Iran is cocky, and America is down right now but do they know that America has by far the most superior Navy in the world. According to the Pentagon, Iran threatened to "blow up" the vessels. http://www.startribune.com/nation/13497761.html

1 Comments:

At 4:41 PM, Blogger Koo4You said...

i cant wait for the debauchery to unfold....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home