cyclonejohn

Friday, November 30, 2007

Grease Stains

I am exhausted. Last night, my family and I moved my stuff to a storage space in Fridley. It took several hours but it was done. You would think that my night would have ended there but my fun was far from done. Last night and for over two hours this morning, I was down on my knees cleaning. I lived with a clean roommate so I thought I would be pretty good but I was mistaken. The stove tops were filthy, the oven was filthy, there were carpet stains all over, the refrigerator needed to be scrubbed, the blinds needed to be cleaned, and on and on and on. However, after several hours, it was clean. I had off of work today. At about noon, an attractive young woman came over and inspected the apartment. She said that I had one of the most clean apartments she had ever seen and then proclaimed she wished she had a man in her life like me who would clean her apartment. I will take my compliments and flirtations whenever I can get them. She did say that I will be assessed a very minor fine for grease stains in my oven. I tried for a long time to get them off. Does anyone know how to remove grease stains?!?! Okay, now for my usual musings about topics I find semi-relevant.

1. When did Seth Rogan of Superbad and Knocked Up fame become an action star? Apparently he has been cast as The Green Hornet. WTF Mate?

2. I rented the movie Sicko this afternoon. It is Michael Moore's newest documentary. This particular one is less funny but still very very interesting. It basically shows how a universal system works in countries like France, England, and Canada and how it could work here. It talks about with the amount of money the average person pays in health insurance costs anyway, it would not be that much of a difference for universal health insurance. If someone has seen the movie, please call me up, I would love to talk about the pros and cons of Michael Moore's ideas for American health care.

3. What does everybody think about Facebook's new BEACON advertising? I'm not as upset with it as a lot of people but I do yearn for the most simple yesterdays of Facebook.

4. What a great time to be a sports fan! NBA, NHL, NFL, NCAA football, NCAA basketball, College hockey... Every night there is something for someone on.

5. However, if the twins lose Torii Hunter to free agency and they trade Johan Santana, I am going to upset.

1 Comments:

At 7:30 PM, Blogger The Rhythm of One said...

I'm not a fan of Facebook beacon. Turns out that even if you opt out of alerting Facebook of something (say a purchase on eBay), the information is still sent to FB.

And people think that Google is tracking everyone...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home