cyclonejohn

Thursday, November 01, 2007

All Hallow's Eve

Let me first point out that I along with most neo-feminist men do find the idea that Halloween has morphed into a drunken party where women get inebriated, dress like sluts, and as the night goes on, act like sluts. I am however a man and I went to a bar last night with the roommate and yes, I did very much enjoy the show. However wrong and whorish it was. Here are some more things I think I think:

1. I was on CNN.com and they have pictures of Ashley Olson (from Full House) and Lance Armstrong making out. I sure as hell hope they were rehearsing for a movie! He's 38 and she just turned 21!! Ish.

2. I hope that I never lead off with celebrity gossip as my number one post again. I'm just prettty grossed out.

3. I see they are making a Shrek IV which will come out in 2010. This is good news I think.

4. Rivers Cuomo, the lead singer of Weezer, will be releasing a new CD full of unreleased solo demo's plus Weezer is currently finishing up recording their sixth studio album to be released the summer of 2008.

5. The Republicans have another Gay Sex scandal on their hands. This time it is a representative from Washington state. http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/

6. A new Office is on tonight. That makes me happy.

7. The College basketball season begins tonight. I'm glad I bought the cyclones online pass so I can watch the whole season online. I'm hoping for big things this year.

8. And finally, I say fuck you to the University of North Dakota. Their mascot is the Fighting Sioux and they refuse to change the name. The tribe that resides in northern North Dakota is not called the Sioux, they are actually called the Lakota or Dakota tribe. However, when French Canadians first discovered the tribe, they called the tribe the Sioux. The Sioux is French for snake. And from what I understand it means less the animal snake, but more the insult, "He is a snake." However, U of ND doesn't care, they like the name, and they are planning on keeping it. Several other big colleges around the country have changed their mascot (Marquette, Stanford, et cetera) after it was found out that their names were racist. What makes UND so high and mighty. And I hate that in arguments that their stupid fucking response is that well all mascots are making fun of something. Wouldn't gophers be insulted by the U of MN, wouldn't wolverines be insulted that they are the mascot for Michigan. Bottom line, don't name your mascot over a group of people. Yes, I know all about Notre Dame. They're a bunch of idiots as well except that Irish people have always sort of embraced their hard nosed, tough reputation while Native American groups around the country abhor the stereotypes that they are violent savages. Bottom line, the Sioux name must be removed.

3 Comments:

At 3:49 PM, Blogger Mike said...

I propose the North Dakota Fighting Fidlers.

 
At 5:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Last night was an excellent show...

 
At 9:15 PM, Blogger The Rhythm of One said...

you have to keep in mind though, Lance does have the body of a 21 year old. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home