cyclonejohn

Monday, December 10, 2007

"The only true sin is theft. Theft of a person, theft of an object, theft of the truth... The only true sin is theft."

A few weeks ago, while visiting my friend Nimit Pathak, he highly recommended the book The Kite Runner to me. Nimit, not being a man to openly endorse many things, I took this recommendation to mean this book is the real deal. Last night, after enjoying a terrific Vikings victory, I started this book and read about the first quarter. It is fantastic. (If any of you have read it, please do not share with me what happens.) I am quite excited to continue reading it.

1. I had my company holiday party this past Saturday. I had a great time. There was an open bar and massive amounts of delicious food. The employees were happy and everybody wins.

2. I am getting pretty pissy about the writer's strike. Not just because they are striking, but it looks like there is no end in sight. All of this means is ridiculous reality shows and re-runs will fill the airwaves.

3. Despite my numerous trips to McDonald's in the past year, I had never taken advantage of their RedBox Video Rental thing. They had a nice selection of new releases and it was only a buck?! Oh darn, I guess this means more trip to McDonald's for me.

4. I think most of you that read this blog know that I love Christmas songs and I love Paul McCartney and the Beatles. However, my least favorite Christmas song is Sir Paul's terrible, "Wonderful Christmas Time." It's so dorky and awful. Give me a little Oh Holy Night and I'm set.

5. I am really bummed out. Will Ferrell announced he is doing a stand-up comedy tour. Unfortunately, he is not coming to Minnesota (or Iowa or Illinois for that matter.) I just think he would be so awesome live.

6. ISU beat Iowa in basketball on Saturday. Everybody's happy!

7. I would like to take a trip somewhere warm but that is cheap. I need suggestions.

8. What do you think of Michale Vick being scheduled for 23 months in prison. I actually think the sentence is fair. With how much vitriol has already been spewed at him, after two years in prison, he will be as rehabbed as he ever could be.

9. I am excited for Will Smith's new movie, I am Legend. I have liked most of his Sci-Fi Alien movies (Independence Day, Men in Black, et cetera) so I am actually excited for this movie. I think Smith is an underrated actor. He can do drama, sports, comedy, action, war... Anything.

3 Comments:

At 5:13 PM, Blogger The Rhythm of One said...

1. I might be headed to Texas in a week or so...
2. McD's is bad for you. I know how much you like it. If I find out that you've eaten there three times in a day again, I'm calling an intervention.
3. You blog reads at an Elementary Level. I just thought I would let you know ;P

 
At 8:35 AM, Blogger cyclonejohn said...

I have to write my blog at an elementary level because some of my readers, cough, cough, Andydrum, cough, cough think at an Elementary level!! J/K. I have cut back on my McDonald's but it is hard to turn down a double cheeseburger for a buck.

 
At 10:15 AM, Blogger Koo4You said...

may i suggest...The HOLIDOME!!!!!!!!!
haha

oh and my blog apparently reads at College Level...hrm..

 

Post a Comment

<< Home