cyclonejohn

Thursday, December 06, 2007

Notes in his pocket

It has been seven days since moving back into my parent's house and I am finally starting to enjoy it. Besides the obvious benefits of growing closer to my family and the financial benefits, there are other benefits as well. I had briefly forgotten what a tremendous cook my Mom is. When I was by myself I ate a lot of microwavable foods and canned foods. That's not the case anymore. My Dad and I came home from playing racquetball last night and my Mom yelled from upstairs, "I made some pecan pie. It's in the refrigerator if you're interested." As most of you know, I am a food conisseur, so I am very thankful for home cooking. Now onto more diving into my mind:

1. After a dissapointing summer, I think this Autumn/Winter has had numerous good movies. Plus, there are a lot of tremendous movies coming out soon or being filmed. Would anyone be interested in seeing the movie Juno with me? Also, Prince Caspian, the Chronicles of Narnia movie preview looked sweet. Has anyone seen the preview for the new Batman movie, The Dark Knight? It looks awesome.

2. Iowa State basketball lost by 35 points at home last night. As Anay put it, "That was disgusting." It is very rare that I will not finish a game I care about. Even I said enough is enough.

3. The big national news is about Mitt Romney's religion speech tonight. Yawn. Who cares if he's Mormon?

4. What's the deal with the weather? It was an extremely dry summer, rainy October, dry November, and now we have more snow in Minnesota then we have had in 22 years. Make up your mind!

5. I am absolutely disgusted with the media's coverage of the terrible shooting rampage at an Omaha mall. He clearly states how his whole goal in killing nine people was so he could be famous. So what does the media do? They put his face, name, and his biography on every major outlet. He's getting everything he wants.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home