cyclonejohn

Friday, January 18, 2008

Sugar, Sugar

I start this post with actually a bit of sadness. For the past 14 days, I have been house-sitting at my Grandma's house. I also took care of my Grandma's cat and her dog. The dog is a gorgeous collie named Gavin. The past two weeks was also the first time that I ever lived by myself for more then a night or two. It was really nice when you're alone to have a dog around. I never had a dog growing up and I really enjoyed coming home and I would have a friend that was always excited to see me. He loved walks, wrestling, playing catch, and was really well behaved. He only barked when he saw a real or imaginary animal or person. Anyway, I am back living with the parents now and I miss the puppy.

1. My Dad and I watched the gophers steal defeat from the jaws of victory last night. The gophers played great the whole game against #10 ranked Indiana University at Williams Arena (aka The Barn.) They were up by two with one minute left and ended up losing by five. To cheer myself up, I turned on the radio and my Mom had been listening to Kool 108 and the song "Sugar, Sugar" by The Archies came on. This put an enormous smile on my face as this was a song that Nimit used to serenade Jim with.

2. Speaking of Jimit, I am excited to see all of the guys. I haven't been in Ames in two or three months and it will be good to get back there. A little basketball, a little football, a lot of story telling... It should be a lot of fun.

3. Yesterday was the first time I have seen Conan O'Brien since the writer's strike. I watched the whole episode. Conan is just so brilliant. He glided down from the top of the office when he went "back in time" and knocked out John Wilkes Booth before he killed Abraham Lincoln. It was so funny.

4. Speaking of funny, comedian Jim Gaffigan is filming another hour long comedy central special that will air later this month. I am excited! He will be on David Letterman tonight if anybody has any interest in watching.

5. I don't think my sister appreciated very much when I serenaded her yesterday with Neil Diamond's "play me". Little does she know that last night was not a mirage but yet, a sign, of more brilliant Fidler renditions.

6. I legitimately do not find it funny making fun of Britney Spears anymore. I really think she has a mental disorder. She is now dating some weird paparazzi dude named Ardad and they went on a date where she wore her old wedding dress the whole weekend and they just went into stores and made weird sounds. She is clearly doing some hard drug stuff and needs some serious help. I really wish the press would just leave her alone for the sake of her kids' future.

7. I know this doesn't interest any of you, but there are 17 markets for the company I work at and we just won the 2007 market of the year. It's actually a really big deal and the publisher and president of the company is coming and giving a speech and there is a big party and it is great that all of our hard work has paid off. I can't believe I have been with USAT since May of 2006. Wow!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home