cyclonejohn

Tuesday, September 09, 2008

Yeah but our crappy is better than your crappy!!

I give up. I am convinced that the older I get the less and less I know about America. Barack Obama has outraised John McCain by millions of dollars. Obama is the charismatic, likeable candidate that Democrats have been clamoring for. Yet, my friends, according to the most recent Gallup tracking poll, John McCain is ahead in the national polls by a 49-43% margin. I understand that he is basking in the post-Republican National Convention honeymoon period and he probably isn’t really up by that much. Regardless, in a pro-Democrat/anti-Republican period of American history, Obama and McCain are in a virtual tie with 57 days until the election. It appears that John McCain threw a last second Hail Mary pass to Sarah Palin and she caught it and scored a game-tying touchdown. Almost exclusively because of Sarah Palin, the McCain camp has received millions of dollars in donations, seen volunteerism up among the McCain camp, and ignited the all important Evangelicals into action. However, I find it interesting that she has not done one interview since being nominated for vice-president. According to the McCain camp, she has been busy “cramming” non-stop. Think about it. What if she is asked about her thoughts on the political movements in Libya? How would she know? Joe Biden has been a senator for over three decades and John McCain and Obama have been campaigning for about nineteen months. I would expect that she will slowly be brought out the media, first being asked softball questions on shows like Fox News morning, and other pro-Republican media outlets. Make no mistake about it; I have enough faith in the American people that they will care more about her views on foreign policy than the proper way to hunt a moose. But the American public has disappointed me before.

1. The Vikings played one of their worst games I have ever seen. The offensive line was atrocious! The defense gave up 24 points and recorded not one sack or take-away. The special teams gave up a punt return for a touchdown. The team had twelve touchdowns. Tarvaris Jackson was miserable as usual. And yes, the officials were terrible in this game. Normally, I hate to blame a game on officials but in a close, five point game, some of the boneheaded calls by the officials made the difference. The problem for the Vikes is now they have Indianapolis and then Carolina. Yikes!

2. I am completely exhausted. After working about 140 hours in the past two weeks (including working the last two weekends and Labor Day), I am completely woofed. I had trouble getting up despite getting about nine hours of sleep. I am having a lot of trouble focusing and unfortunately it is only Tuesday. Thank goodness that the Las Vegas trip is only nine days away.

3. I really like the new Weezer single. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kLbNhIJ9K2w

4. I think the other reason I’m crabby is the weather. For those who don’t know, the weather is about 20 degrees below its average temperature. 20 degrees! When I was in Fargo Sunday night, it got down to 39 degrees according to the local weatherman. It is early September and it has already dipped into the thirties! For the first time since April, I wore a jacket to work.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home