cyclonejohn

Monday, December 22, 2008

I want a hippotamus for Christmas. Only a hippotamus will do.

I thought being laid off would be a bit more relaxing than it has turned out to be. I promised myself the day my position was terminated that I would not just sit around, watch TV, and eat junk food. Excuse me for almost dislocating my shoulder patting myself on the back, but I am quite proud of myself. All my Christmas shopping is done, I have worked out every day, I have done quite a bit of cleaning, quite a bit of studying, and all of these things I have been meaning to do (like see the dentist, get a new pair of glasses, etc) I have done. However, my giant list of things to do is waning by the day and I have a feeling I will be ready to get back to work sooner rather than later. How was everybody's weekend? I had a really nice weekend. Friday I went over to Mike's condo and we chilled there for a few hours. Saturday, I watched some basketball, ate amazing food at La Belle Vie, and studied quite a bit for the GRE. Sunday, I watched the Vikings choke and then I rented the Brad Pitt/John Malkovich/George Clooney Movie, Burn After Reading. I give it a C+/B-. If you like the Coen Brothers movies than you will like it. I was only so-so on it.

1. I have written often about the demise of MTV as a viable vehicle for Music TeleVision. In the past though, I always thought VH1 did a decent job of playing videos, especially late at night and early in the morning. I see they have also been bit by the poisonous reality TV bug and more crap will be on that Network. Coming up this spring will be an exciting reality show called Sober House. Basically, a bunch of D-list celebrities will try to work together to overcome their addictions. I'll pass.

2. Apparently Zubaz pants are back. I thought my eyes had temporarily failed me when I stepped into Rosedale mall and I saw a Zubaz kiosk. What is the deal with horrendous fashion trends from 15 years ago making a comeback?

3. Will somebody teach me how to tie a scarf so I look more James Dean and less like the Red Baron?

4. It seems that the re-count for the Minnesota Senate position has gone on forever. As of right now, Democrat Al Franken has a 48 vote lead.

2 Comments:

At 12:21 AM, Blogger The Rhythm of One said...

I grew up simply wrapping scarves around my neck until they didn't fall off. Lately I learned a way that this website calls the "European Loop".

 
At 11:57 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

1. I am a sucker for reality TV every now and then (Hogan Knows Best, RW-RR Challenges, and Rob & Big). Don't hate because MTV refuses to do a reality show based in Minnesota

2. Zubaz had better be back!

3. I also use the European loop described above by Rhythm. Wrapping around the neck and twisting slightly works too.

4. Hopefully Al can do it. SLP Pride!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home