cyclonejohn

Sunday, December 28, 2008

Maladroit

I hope everyone had a good Christmas weekend.  I am back from Milwaukee where I just spent the weekend eating good food, socializing with family, and of course, opening presents.  Did anyone get any awesome gifts?  I got some nice clothes but my highlight by far was a nice Apple iTouch.  Unfortunately I am not very good with electronics so I will have to set up a tutorial with Andrew at his convenience to help me out.  As much as I am overwhelmed by all of the advice I have received from friends and family, I would rather make big decisions after all the cards are on the table.  I have received really good ideas and my mind is open.  I have some very big decisions coming up and I am hopeful that the Lord in all his wisdom will shine brightest on the door he recommends I open.  

1.  What is everyone doing for New Year's?  My vote is raised for Andrew to host a party at his house?

2.  I missed most of the games while driving home today, but I read that the Detroit Lions went winless the whole 2008 season.  I don't feel bad for the players or coaches but if there ever was a city that use a little positivity right now, it is Detroit.  Of course the Wolves are like 5 - 24 so they are not doing a lot better.

3.  My diet had been going well until this weekend.  Friday night I ate a whole box of Frango mints.  No, I am not referring to one of those little boxes... I ate a whole big box of the chocolates!

4.  I just saw the movie I Am Legend with Will Smith.  I give it a B-.  It's not terrible by any means and worth your two hours of time.  I'm just not a big zombie fan.  The movie is not scary at all, it's just not my thing.

5.  I would still like a pet panda.

6.  Of all the presents I got this year, quite possibly the one I appreciate and the one I will remember the most is a handwritten letter I received from Rus.  In an age of text messages and emails, the fact that someone took the time to write three pages to me is something I will most certainly cherish.  We all have many faults in life, and we all have many strengths.  If we can learn one thing from Rus, it is that he knows how to celebrate friendship.  That is a skill and not a talent and something I most definitely want to work on.  It is extremely important that my friends and family know how grateful I am for everyone of them in my life.  Everyone has a purpose.  In a time when I am unemployed, living with my parents, and currently feeling a bit bloated from all the chocolate I ate, I maybe have never felt less stress.  It is because of the encouragement of my friends and family no doubt.  To all of you that I didn't say this to, Merry Christmas.

3 Comments:

At 9:55 PM, Blogger The Rhythm of One said...

1. Hells No. We hosted "Old Years" last night and my house is trashed. Check out the photos I just put up on FB.

4. In the book they are actually vampires. You should read it (it's really short). I'd lend you my copy, but I think Gym has yet to return it.

5. I think it's about time you move to Asia.

7. I want my scarf back. It's cold.

 
At 8:34 AM, Blogger cyclonejohn said...

What is an "Old Years" party?

 
At 12:24 PM, Blogger The Rhythm of One said...

Old Years is like New Years, except that you celebrate the year that has past. It always has a theme (this years was "competition") and there is a pinata breaking at midnight. It takes place between Xmas and New Years, but usually not the night before New Years, because people get partied out.

Ian and his friends came up with it in High School, along with Shitage.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home