cyclonejohn

Friday, February 27, 2009

impetuous

After another few hours and several hundred more dollars at the Toyota dealership, I think my Scion is finally healthy. My car just recently hit 60k miles so it is just beginning to break down in not so subtle ways. My hamstrings are extremely sore. I participated in sixty minutes of Hatha Yoga. This is the fourth time in my life I have done it and every time I come away amazed at how difficult yoga is. It takes strength, flexibility, and my downfall... balance. While middle aged women easily glide from position to position, my quadriceps shake until I eventually fall down into a heap of chagrin and humility. Like all things, practice makes perfect so I have decided starting yesterday to go three times a week and see if I enjoy it more in a few weeks. I really feel I would enjoy yoga once I master the basics. Until then, I will be the maladroit dude struggling with his downward dog.

1. I watched the Spike Lee movie The Miracle of St. Anna yesterday. The movie is about a group of Buffalo Soldiers (an all black military unit) during the invasion of Italy in World War II. The movie is good but very depressing and emotionally draining. I give it a B+. Not a bad rental, but timing is key. While returning the movie, I rented the movie Choke. I am very excited for this movie. It's in Indie movie based on the Chuck Palahunik novel. He's the author of Fight Club. My guess is Choke will be excellent, but gritty and disturbing. I just bought a new bottle of Chianti, and I am ready for a quiet evening of excellent cinema.

2. Today I watched the Sage Rosenfels press conference where he was introduced as the new Vikings quarterback. As thrilled as I am that an Iowa State quarterback will be the Purple's QB, I am luke-warm at best. He doesn't need to be anything spectacular. I just want Sage to throw limited interceptions, have decent accuracy, and know when to throw the ball away or take a sack.

3. Currently listening to "God Only Knows" by The Beach Boys. Album: Pet Sounds.

3 Comments:

At 6:05 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

just wanted to make sure that you are aware that your uniforms are still purple...might as well be pink.......

..i know..it's a weak argument, it's all i got..i wish him the best.

 
At 6:32 PM, Blogger Jon said...

1) I was convinced once in my life, in Olympia, WA, to attend a free yoga class. The upside: I was surprisingly good at it. The downside: I have never been so sore for so long in my life. Never again...

2) What made you excited for "Choke"? Have you read the book, or just based on the movie "Fight Club"?

I thought it was ok, not as great as the book though. What did you think? If you're interested in Chuck Palahniuk's work, I HIGHLY recommend reading "Survivor."

 
At 5:03 PM, Anonymous Curso de Reflexoterapia Podal said...

I am glad that I have observed this blog. Ultimately anything not a crap, which we understand quite usually. The web site is lovingly maintained and up to date. So it really should be, thank you for this welcome transform

 

Post a Comment

<< Home