cyclonejohn

Friday, February 20, 2009

If you can't love the one you have, love the one you're with

In about a half hour, I leave for yet another trip to Chicago. After a few days in Milwaukee with the grandparents, it is back to the Windy City. I have two interviews Monday and I am desperately hoping that I return to Minneapolis with an offer (or two!) I have had a great time the past few months being laid off. I have been able to sleep in, watch movies, relax with friends, but for several reasons, I need to get back to work. My saving account is waning at a rapid rate, and I am just ready to have a purpose; even if it is to make a multi-billion dollar corporation more money. I might have voted for Obama but I am certainly pro-capitalism.

1. Mike, Elsa, and I saw the movie W. I really liked it and I give it an A-. I thought it would just be a typical left-wing hack job on the former president but I was pleasantly surprised at how deep the movie got into Bush's mind, his need for approval from his father, his confidence, and his disappointments. I would highly recommend this Oliver Stone movie.

2. There is only one more Conan O'Brien episode tonight. I am very anxious to see him at his new time slot and I really enjoyed his last few shows where he basically reflects on his favorite moments. No guest has been announced yet so I am excited to see what happens. I think it will be Will Ferrell but I have nothing to base that on. The good news about the show is the whole writing staff, and it took until TODAY before Max Weinberg agreed to move to California. Apparently he is from NJ, and has season tickets to the NJ Devils and really didn't want to move. Who wants to guess NBC got out their checkbooks for Weinberg?

3. I would like to thank Mr. Brand for getting me hooked on the show Big Bang Theory. There are very few good comedies on TV right now. The Office, Rules of Engagement, and How I Met Your Mother, as well as Big Bang Theory are probably the only watchable programs on TV right now. However, I did watch Demetri Martin's new show on Wednesday night's at 9:30 on Comedy Central and I think that has potential to be excellent. I have also heard the comedy Party Down is good but I don't know much about it.

4. Currently listening to The Rental's featuring Rivers Cuomo "I just threw out the love of my dreams".

2 Comments:

At 11:34 AM, Blogger The Rhythm of One said...

I have also heard good things about Demetri's show. He is one of my favorite comedians ever, so I hope his show is a success.

What about Scrubs?! Heroes and Lost are decent too, except it helps to know the past seasons.

I'm glad Weinberg is back. He and Conan are awesome together. I'm kinda sad I will miss the last show though. Hopefully Conan will be just as funny for the older crowd.

 
At 3:52 PM, Blogger Koo4You said...

i watched Demetri's show.
its basically his style of stand up.

slapstick one liners. one right after the other. it was funny, but i dont think it will last cuz frankly those types of shows dont go very long. i would love to see it be sucessful though.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home