cyclonejohn

Friday, January 30, 2009

Evolution not revolution

Finally. I looked at the weather forecast, and the highs the next few days are going to be in the upper twenties. Meteorologists have said this is one of the coldest Minnesota winters on record already. Does anyone have any big plans this weekend? Yesterday ended with a bang with Nick Wilson and I at The Barn to watch a 23 point win for the Golden Gophers over the Fighting Illini. It's never a bad day when you beat a ranked team by 23 points. Today was actually pretty swell also. I didn't have an opportunity to apply to any jobs, but I had some great basketball games with Tieds before we watched the movie Vicky Christina Barcelona. I loved it and give it an A. It is a witty, sexy, intelligent Woody Allen comedy that stars Scarlett Johanssen, Penelope Cruz, and Javier Bardem. I am unsure of what I am doing socially this weekend besides the Superbowl on Sunday.

1. Unfortunately, a sad sign of the economic disparity is the dramatic spike in homelessness. Of course, this is coupled with the fact that the state governments are giving less and less funding to shelters. Great article on MSNBC about it: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/28916152/. If we wait a few months, I anticipate articles outlining huge jumps in crime. These are sad times my friends.

2. I have always enjoyed watching Bravo's Inside the Actor's Studio with James Lipton. He might be the best interviewer on TV. He has done brilliant interviews with Billy Joel, Robin Williams, and Jay Leno among others. Yesterday, I watched his two hour interview with Conan O'Brien. I highly recommend it. I learned a lot about Conan's history, his family, his ambition, and what drives him. It was funny and interesting.

3. Currently listening to Tell me Baby by the Red Hot Chili Peppers.

1 Comments:

At 6:05 PM, Blogger The Rhythm of One said...

Snowboarding bitches!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home