cyclonejohn

Monday, February 09, 2009

Let all things now living

I'm disappointed. As a baseball fan, to read Saturday morning that the best baseball player in Major League Baseball cheated by injecting himself for three years with anabolic steroids is not shocking, but certainly disappointing. Major League Baseball has had a black cloud over it for the past five years with reports that some of the best (Roger Clemens, A-Rod, Barry Bonds, Rafael Palmeiro, Mark McGwire, among others) have all been juicing. Hopefully with the very strict punishments put into place about a year ago, the reports of players on the juice will wane. How was everybody's weekend? Mine was excellent. Friday night, Mike and I saw the movie Milk. I thought it was good. I give it a B+. Sean Penn was masterful as usual as the community activist/first gay democratically elected politician. Saturday afternoon I ended up seeing another movie, Not That Into You. I was pleasantly surprised. It is definitely a "chick-flick" but I give it a B+. It is witty; and the storyline was enjoyable. Saturday, some friends and I got together to watch basketball and drink beer at Buffalo Wild Wings. Andrew also created one of the coolest books I have ever seen. He made a photo album with cool quotes. It must have taken him a long time and I am very grateful. Sunday was a little racquetball followed by the annual tradition of a variety show called Coffeehouse Cabaret that I participated in all through high school. As a cabaret alum, it was fun to see the younger generation's skits and talent. All in all, another successful weekend.

1. 14 days into the diet and all is going well. I am down another two pounds this week and well on my way.

2. I missed the Grammey's. Was anything worth going back and watching?

3. Darnit! Timberwolves star Al Jefferson tore his ACL. He was one of only three NBA players to average 20 points and 10 rebounds a game. He could be out all of next year as well depending on how bad the ligament tear is. Well, back to the lottery for the T-Wolves.

4. Currently listening to Lilly Allen's "Smile" from the album: Smile.

2 Comments:

At 10:18 PM, Blogger The Rhythm of One said...

I think you would enjoy the MIA/JayZ/TI/LilWayne collaboration, or the Coldplay/JayZ song, or the Radiohead/USC marching band song. I liked those the most. There were a few other good ones too. It was a good year for performances.

I never thought I'd see the Jonas Brothers play with Stevie Wonder though. Man those kids are bad, and they sound worse when they play next to a living legend.

 
At 11:01 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

I also liked the Four Tops Medley

 

Post a Comment

<< Home