cyclonejohn

Tuesday, February 24, 2009

People are strange when they are strangers

I'm crabby. If you add it all up, I have spent about forty hours in a car in the past week or so. I just got back from February Chicago trip #2. The trip went fine. I spent Friday and Saturday night with my Grandparents in Milwaukee, and headed down to Chicago Sunday night. Monday morning I had a networking meeting and Monday afternoon I had an interview. I thought I did well but I am so-so on the position.

1. I was reading Sports Illustrated while getting an oil change and I saw that thirty couples got married at the Daytona 500 two weeks ago. Do you think that set the record for most tuxedo t-shirts in one venue? I'm thinking yes.

2. I have to agree with Roger Ebert that this year's Academy Awards was the best in their long history. It was entertaining, had nice acceptance speeches, and Hugh Jackman was pleasantly surprising as host. However, what was the deal with Philip Seymour Hoffman? It was like he was doing a bad Rosie O'Donnell impression with the cap, and all black attire.

3. 2725 shows later Conan O'Brien taped his last episode. It was a very funny, touching ending. If you did not get to watch it live, here is the link with the full episode: http://www.nbc.com/Late_Night_with_Conan_O'Brien/video/episodes/#vid=1032001

4. The stock market is at its lowest point in twelve years. No end in sight.

5. Currently listening to "Right Round" by Flo Rida

3 Comments:

At 11:23 PM, Blogger The Rhythm of One said...

I hear it was because he was hiding his hairdo, which is for an upcoming role. Kinda makes sense, but still it doesn't really.

 
At 6:40 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jamie Foxx accepted his award for "Best Actor in a Leading Role" with a fake tatoo splash across the back of his head...he was filming Jarhead at the time.

 
At 7:54 AM, Blogger cyclonejohn said...

Hey Andrew,

I had not heard that. You're probably right.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home