cyclonejohn

Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Plant's Blood

As most of you know, I am one of the reasons the diet and supplement industry is a multi-billion dollar industry in the United States. I am always interested in the newest trends in nutrition and diet. Acai will cure cancer? I'm in! Fish oil supplements will prevent heart attacks? I will buy two bottles! Ginseng and Ginkgo Biloba will keep my mind sharp? I feel myself smarter already. I know I am sucker for this kind of stuff. With Lent beginning last week, I decided to take the opportunity to really re-shape my life. With the cold and long nights of winter, my exercise and diet program have waned down to practically nothing. Lent gave me a good reason to restart my health. I decided to give up all junk food, and gradually reduce my intake of processed food - food that comes from a box, or a can. Instead I am trying to eat lots of raw fruit, vegetables, nuts, and lean meat and fish. After one week, I feel so much better. However, I have made one significant addition. I am now drinking a glass of wheatgrass everyday. Don't let the bright green hue scare you. The wheatgrass actually tastes amazing! I like to also mix it with my juice in the morning. Some of the benefits to wheatgrass are amazing: High in antioxidants, a natural remover of toxins, purify the liver, purify the kidneys, good for the skin, good for the hair, good for your teeth, good for digestion, healing wounds, and more. One of the primary reasons is it is full of chlorophyll - or the blood of a plant. Just one OUNCE of wheatgrass has as many nutrients as two pounds of vegetables. Between exercising more, eating better, and drinking wheatgrass, in one week I feel so much healthier and happier.

3 Comments:

At 9:55 AM, Blogger The Rhythm of One said...

I'd like to try this wheatgrass stuff, though I thought it was pretty expensive (and nasty). I say we run out and grab some when you are in MN.

 
At 9:57 AM, Blogger cyclonejohn said...

Yeah, not everyone likes the taste. I do, though. My recommendation would be to just mix it with juice. Or be like my co-worker and mix it with coconut milk.

 
At 7:02 PM, Anonymous tieds said...

I like to roll it up and smoke a spliff. Oh wait, that's marijuana.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home