cyclonejohn

Wednesday, May 26, 2010

boo hoo, media elite

I applaud the NFL for their decision to think outside the box a little bit and have the Superbowl outside in New York in 2014. What has amazed me is the crying by the media about what a "foolish gamble" this is. Boo hoo, media elite. You are the only people who think this is a bad idea. Do you think the game will not sell out? Do you think the players are afraid to play in the cold? Do you think people at home will not watch the game on TV if there is snow on the ground? No, the only losers are the media that covers the game. Who cares about them? I wish that the NFL would play more games in the North. If the city of Minneapolis does get their act together and spend the $800 million to get a new stadium, at least let the city get some of that money back by hosting a Superbowl. Minneapolis hosted the Superbowl in 1992. Somehow the media survived. Detroit hosted the Superbowl three years ago. Somehow the media survived. And yes, they will survive in East Rutherford in 2014.

1. I am extremely disappointed this afternoon. I was very excited to head back to Minneapolis in June to see U2 in concert. I am not the hugest fan; but I thought this is one of those bands that, as a fan of music, I should just see. However, Bono had to have emergency surgery on his spinal cord to potentially prevent paralysis. I wish him a full and quick recovery but I am certainly disappointed.

2. As happy as I was to read that Jemaine Clement of FOTC is going to play a bad guy in Men in Black III, I am at the same time equally puzzled why Hollywood felt America needed MIB to become a trilogy.

1 Comments:

At 10:36 PM, Blogger Mike said...

It's not the cold their worried about. You're right, they survived Detroit, and they survived Minneapolis. But being that close to Newark, NJ is what should be alarming.

And, besides, the Sopranos live in Jersey.

And maybe even the Jersey Shore gang will drop by.

There is a lot to be worried about.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home