cyclonejohn

Tuesday, May 18, 2010

free pass

Every year there are phrases that become so cliche that they lose all relevance. I think the trite term in 2010 is "sex addiction". From Tiger Woods, to Ben Roethlisberger, to Jesse James, to John Edwards, whenever a famous man acts like a buffoon, we quickly label them as sex addicts, shrug our shoulders, and give them a "boys will be boys" free pass. I am just tired of the attitude that permeates our media that men are nothing more than slaves to lust. One line that sticks out is Chris Rock's line in his stand-up act, "Men are only as faithful as their options." Bull shit. Cheating on someone who you swore to be faithful to in front of friends, family, and God is despicable. I am so tired of hearing these men are just sick with "sex addiction" and once they get treatment, they will be fine. Let's take Jesse James as one example. My prediction is once he gets out of sex rehab, he will then find Jesus, do the talkshow circuit with Larry King, and Oprah, and then we will all forgive him and move on. Did you hear after sex rehab Tiger Woods wants to rediscover his Buddhist upbringing? How convenient. I understand that everyone makes mistakes. I am just sick of cheaters being called sick people when really they are just pigs.

1. I have seen a few movies recently. I thought that Iron Man 2 was pretty good. I give it a B. I also saw Robin Hood. I thought RH could be on the level of a Gladiator, Braveheart, or The Patriot. I was disappointed. It's not terrible. I probably give it a C+.

2. Currently listening to "need you now" by Lady Antebellum

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home